New drysuit or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have a very good point.
About the dui cf, do you think 16 years old is something should bother me? It sounds old, but I really dont know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken - how much strech is it in the material of the othree suit?

Less than the very old DUI compressed neoprene I had before, less than the 2mm O3 suit I tried on the day I ordered mine. If pushed I'd say it had no stretch at all, but maybe just very little.

You will need it to fit. I'd think it would be of more value to someone local to the seller to be honest. Say it is a £1k suit new and you are paying 500, shipping, alterations etc might get it to 750 but with some hassle and risk. Maybe a perfect fit and it costs you 600. But you still didn't get to chose front vs back entry, pocket options, pee valve etc.

I had fatter legs and arms put on mine at no extra charge. That is the kind of thing you are giving up.

Is the seller the same shape as you?

Do you know a load if people who might want it if it doesn't fit you?

Maybe there is a business opportunity here - rent a person with your body shape in a remote place to try stuff on for you.

Good luck.

Ken

Do you have the 2 mm o3 suit or another one?
No way to know for sure if the seller is my size, but I fit within the measurements provided. And I am pretty average built. I know I'm missing options you get from the factory, but that's okay.

No way to know for sure if the seller is my size, but I fit within the measurements provided. And I am pretty average built. I know I'm missing options you get from the factory, but that's okay.

If you fit within measurements personally I'd take the risk.

My dui is 16 years old. I've seen someone post on here about the cf material disintegrating, but the majority seems to think they last 'forever'.

'The majority' of divers have never used a DUI dry-suit. I suspect that the only people who feel they 'last forever' are those living room divers who keep them in a dive bag and don't use them. Personally, I've had a DUI disintegrate on me after 4 years. It's obviously not my brand of choice today.

I have a couple of them... A 1-100 and a 2-100. PM me and I will give you the email address of their guy in Holland... I know that's not Norway but perhaps it will wok. Both have some stretch by virtue of special built-in panels. I have zero issues with mobility... or anything else.

For the record I'm diving a previously unused CF200 from 1995 and aside from the leaky dump valve I can't find any evidence of disintegration.

Pulled the trigger on the othree, should be getting it sometime next week :)
My CF300 is from 1998, bought it used from ebay and although it looks unworn I'm pretty sure it has been used. The zipper was pretty worn and it leaked, so the first thing I had to do was to replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My DUI is 20+ years old, and it gets a lot of use. I've put in two zippers, and just put in my 3rd neck seal and 4th pair of wrist seals. And lots of seam repair at DUI. It is a Shell styple, not crushed neoprene.

Maybe my DUI suit really isn't 20 years old, the only parts that old are the suspenders and the boots. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom