New DSS Rig - a surprise and some questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just looking at your pitcure, you will almost definitely be able to reach your valve in the water (in proper trim and body position) even without moving the tank. You're picture shows that your natural motion is to move your head forward which is actually pulling you away from your valve which is normal. In the water, with your head up and in horizontal trim, you simply reach straight back (point your elbow out straight in front of you). You can even arch your back a bit like your bending over backwards.

With this rig however, you are going to need to do some adjustment to keep from going heads down. Your Stilletto was probably somewhere around 3 lbs positive. Since you're in Boston, I'm assuming that you have a SS plate so this rig is close to 6 lbs negative. That's quite a swing but easy to address with some moveable trim weights.

Note - I said heads down... it will actually feel like floating feet. Don't be fooled!

One other thing I wanted to mention is the hose routing. Looks like you have an Atomic. It would be much cleaner to route the long hose out of the bottom port, straight down between the wing and tank, then up and around.

Back
Top Bottom