New E mount lenses form Rokinon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next year sony will realse 3 new empunt lenses: the 10-18mm, 16-50mm and 35mm. No new macro lens though. I wish they made 60mm macro lens with 1:1 magnification, the 30mm is just too short.

I think she meant e mount lens.

The 10-18mm just came out. I have been using it all weekend. The corners are a little soft at F4 but sharpen up nicely by f7.1. The only issue I see with it is some slight barrel and pincusion distortion which should be correctable and isn't super noticeable depending on the subject matter. Additionally it can focus rather close so close ups with wide angles will be fantastic! I have already spoken with nauticam and they said they will be making a housing adaptor for the lens.

Well this is an 85mm

What is an empunt lens?

---------- Post added November 19th, 2012 at 10:14 AM ----------

Also there will be more Zeiss lens coming

---------- Post added November 19th, 2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

Also there will be more Zeiss lens coming
Sony Alpha NEX Cameras and E Mount Lenses: Three New Zeiss E-mount Lenses by Next Year?
including a 60mm macro

The 10-18mm just came out. I have been using it all weekend. The corners are a little soft at F4 but sharpen up nicely by f7.1. The only issue I see with it is some slight barrel and pincusion distortion which should be correctable and isn't super noticeable depending on the subject matter. Additionally it can focus rather close so close ups with wide angles will be fantastic! I have already spoken with nauticam and they said they will be making a housing adaptor for the lens.

Cool - did they give you any details? And did you ask about a specific housing? (The 10-18 sounds perfect for video, and I asked Nauticam if they intended to support it for my NA-NX5n a couple of months ago when the details of the lens were first announced and their reply at that time was a short "this lens isn't supported, here is the lens compatibility chart')

Thanks,
Huw

Cool - did they give you any details? And did you ask about a specific housing? (The 10-18 sounds perfect for video, and I asked Nauticam if they intended to support it for my NA-NX5n a couple of months ago when the details of the lens were first announced and their reply at that time was a short "this lens isn't supported, here is the lens compatibility chart')

Thanks,
Huw
I think I told them I am using the Nauticam nex 7 housing. But the lens ports are interchangeable I THINK. Not 100 % sure though. But I would guess if they make it for one they will make it for the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom