New England Wreck Chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EGad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey all,

I got bored so I took the .pdf that wreckhunter.net released on June 2 2010 and put it in google earth.

It's every wreck in that file that has coordinates. Each wreck is tagged with the link to the wreckhunter data page, and the basic info from wreckhunter.net. So probably well over 100 wrecks from NY to ME.

Thanks to Dave Clancy and the rest of the Wreckhunter team.

Here's a google map of it.
Wreckhunter Wrecks.kmz - Google Maps

The .kmz file is about 39KB and the limit SB lets you attach is 2KB, so if you want a copy of the file PM me and I'll email it to you.

Also, if anyone has any numbers they want me to add, I'll update the file.

Hope this helps some people find some new wrecks to dive.

EDIT: I did most of this late at night when I couldn't sleep and Google Earth likes to jump to the nearest landmark when the coordinates are close to something already in the database, so there may be a few wrecks that appear to be in the middle of Long Island Sound, BI Sound, or Vinyard sound. If you find any, shoot me a PM and I'll fix any mistakes I made when I was only half awake.

Eric

Last edited:
Nice

PM sent.

I like google earth and mapsource and would love a copy for future wreck diving.

Thanks for doing this for the dive community.

PM sent...

Thanks.

Thanks for the file. Its a nice addon to my earth map collection and I hope I can use it soon enough.

I read the post clicked the link and now I'm back an hour later thanks nice work :D

Since a couple of you seem interested, I found these a while ago... On that website you can find maps of dive charters, dive clubs and dive shops. Pretty neat :) It did help me initially, even if now I do not use them very often. I still saved these maps as they could be very handy, you never know :)
http://web.me.com/avjudge/BSC/Dive_Clubs.html

Last edited:
Thanks to the work of Dave C., and now EGad, one doesn't need to be much of a "Hunter" to find wrecks to dive! :)

Except for some of the other 1,900 or so other ones in Rhode Island alone. Some found and some not...

Back
Top Bottom