New(er) Weezle UW design?? re: exhaust valve issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I stopped diving the weezle extreme+ several years ago after a local guy had a serious close call when the fabric from his weezle was sucked into his DS exhaust valve. Since them I have dove a number brands of UW (DUI 400g, DC TPS, and currently 4th Element Artic). None have been quite as warm as the weezle.

I heard that weezle has somewhat recently changed the design of their UW to prevent this issue (by placing a piece of nylon cloth over the valve contact area). Is this true? Anyone dive the newer version?

I haven't heard of a design change, but I have also gotten the fabric stuck inside my cuff dump. It has not gotten stuck in the shoulder dump though. I'm in the process of getting used to the Fourth Element SubXero's for my cold water undies.

Couldn't you just manually sew or tape a patch of stiffer fabric onto the shoulder? Seems easy enough to do on your own, or maybe $5-10 at a local tailor.

I've seen people just put duct tape over the area, and that seems to work. (Sorry, I realize this doesn't answer the original question.)

Couldn't you just manually sew or tape a patch of stiffer fabric onto the shoulder? Seems easy enough to do on your own, or maybe $5-10 at a local tailor.

I guess I wonder why weezle just doesn't do if it's that simple(as this threads seems to indicate they have not changed their design).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom