New Frameless Mask in the works?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All.....They have not yet worked out the ARC technology in a Frameless mask...I have asked myself but we have not been able to develop this yet. We don't have any plans for a SubFrame 2 as of yet...At least, I have not seen any drawings or design schemes yet! The Blade Fins will be available in the same colors as our Split Fins..aside from the Smoke on the Water!

Dr. Lecter...The two tone colors are out of my control and in the hands of the founders..Dean and Doug...they design and come up with all schemes and colors.

Dr. Lecter...The two tone colors are out of my control and in the hands of the founders..Dean and Doug...they design and come up with all schemes and colors.

Too bad....oh well, there's always Magic Marker.

Hi Everyone

We are working on updating the site. Our technicians have been hard at work getting it going with all the products for all of our brands. It might take a couple more weeks but they will be put up on our site. It looks like the Frameless 2 will only come in one size and it will either be the Clear skirt or the Black skirt with Red accents.

jh_Mcleod-I believe the Blade Fins were pretty neutral. During some field testing I was able to remove them underwater and they didn't really rise or fall....If anything they would be neutral to slightly negative (but not by much)!

Happily looks like it comes in other sizes, from your website:

"The Atomic Frameless 2 masks are available in Standard, Medium and Large sizes. The Medium fit mask has a skirt designed for narrow faces."

All sizes of the patented Atomic Frameless 2 come with the optical quality UltraClear lens.

Too bad....oh well, there's always Magic Marker.

Indeed. AA should consider doing a "stealth" run of gear along the Halcyon model, though. Then they can charge extra for deleting a "feature".

Hello All,

Just to clarify, our new Frameless 2 has just hit the market. It is currently available in the Clear skirt with Black accents and Black skirt with Red Accents. We have only produced the Standard size mask but do have plans to bring in the medium fit version of this mask soon. Thanks everyone!

Just to clarify, our new Frameless 2 has just hit the market. It is currently available in the Clear skirt with Black accents and Black skirt with Red Accents. We have only produced the Standard size mask but do have plans to bring in the medium fit version of this mask soon. Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately, I fall into the smaller face category. I would have liked to go with the Venom ARC mask, but it was just too large for my face and would have leaked. (You should really consider making a smaller size of this mask! :)

However, before I place an order for the Frameless v1 (medium) mask (since I need a new mask), I wasn't sure if you perhaps elaborate a bit more on what you mean by 'soon'? Even if it's a just a rough time frame (i.e. few weeks, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year) I'd really hate to buy the original version only to find out the update version gets released a few weeks later especially if the new design is suppose to provide a better seal.

If it's going to be long time out, I'll just go with the original Frameless mask. Thanks!

Hi Eric

The Medium version is going to be a long time....I have not seen any prototypes or samples. We will usually get a couple sample runs here to test before we put a full production run into affect. My best guess is that the medium version will be at the least 6 months but probably longer. Thank you Eric!

Hi Eric

The Medium version is going to be a long time....I have not seen any prototypes or samples. We will usually get a couple sample runs here to test before we put a full production run into affect. My best guess is that the medium version will be at the least 6 months but probably longer. Thank you Eric!

Thanks for the honest answer - I really appreciate it. I'll just get the original Frameless mask then.

Greetings! Is there an update to the release date for the Medium size of the Frameless 2 mask?

Another question regarding the design, we found that the nose pocket on the original Frameless is very shallow and does not allow us to reach easily back to the base of the nose to close for equalizing. On the Frameless 2 mask, is the design any different, does the nose pocket go any deeper past the frame of the lens to be easier to pinch the base of the nose?

Hi Wanderlust68

The Medium Frameless 2 is out and ready to go! We are just waiting on the Large fit. In regards to the nose pocket....The pocket itself has not changed...The did lower slightly to give more viewing area but the actually dimensions of the nose pocket did not change.

Thanks Wanderlust68.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom