New/Future diver checking in, hi!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone that responded on my post first off. My Location in VA is Norfolk (typically Navy location) and dont know of any dive shops in VA currently, GF will be the one holding my hand for the most part getting my feet wet,so to speak hehe.

I know all about the frogmen though, Im a Riverine (better known as a River rat..see Vietnam for details)

again thanks for all the responses. If anyone is located in the VA area look me up on MSN.

Hey mike, check out the prices for getting certified there on base, I heard that the base has a really good deal there for certification. There's either a shop there, or they're partnered w/ one. Give MWR a call.

So Mike, you don't say what's got you interested in diving. Wildlife, wrecks. What are you keen to see?

to be honest I'd really like to eventually get into Cave Diving after many many dives from now, figured id start with open water, eventually get into wreckdiving and then hopefully cave diving. Im currently reading(about to finish) "The Last Dive" and I msut say what an amazing book.

My gf actaully bought the book for meh to i think try to scare me out of wanting to eventually get into Cave Diving but shuuuuu It made me want to Cave Dive even more lol.

The Complexity of it and the dangers is pretty nice and I live by the whole "If its 100% safe its 100% boring" so to speak. However I know with the right training and todays technology (assuming you have enough money) its not nearly as dangerous as it use to be.

Wreck diving seems really fun also but I see it more as a stepping stone.

Also will check MWR for info on diving courses, great idea! Thanks for the responses, means alot, awesome community!

Michael

Mike, welcome to the board. Diving quickly becomes a passion. Before you know it, you sprout gills. :D

Just wanted to send my warmest regards and hello to everyone on here. een reading the post for a few days. Abit about myself:

Plan on getting into diving as soon as I get back from my current deployment (US Military.) My girfriend i really into diving and finally all that talkin she does has me really into getting into the water. Lived in Hawaii for 3 1/2 yrs, to bad i didnt wanna dive then though aye! Living @ Virginia now. Again Hello all and look forward to future conversations with everyone.

Michael C.

Welcome to the board . . .and to diving. You'll love it.
And, most importantly, thanks for your service. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom