New: GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine did too. 80 bucks off. Not bad, although the only downside is that it is not eligible for a REI member refund if you use the discount.

Got my 3 housing for 200 feet, Xshot monopod, Polar Pro Red/Macro coming as well... all in time for Cabo Pulmo next week. Now I am debating with myself, to LCD or not to LCD?

LCD might last through a whole dive if you don't continuously record. I've found that it's usefulness is not enough for me to warrant the possibility of running out of battery. I got less than an hour on mine and that was with turning it off when not in use and sporadic recording. Give it a try, it may work out with your style of filming. If i'm going to do lots of macro, I would definitely use it then. Also keep in mind that the screen is not sharp enough to be able to tell if your out of focus on close-ups.

Mono-poles are good for getting close to things and into crevices. They are also notorious for shaky video but then again my video is shaky regardless. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom