New Hero 2... Now what???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yodelhawk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys... A little help if you don't mind please. Just got a Hero 2 as a present and know I need to modify the darn thing. Have a couple of questions that I hope you guys can answer. BTW... I did do a search, but there is to much confusing info out there. If you can help me I would appreate it. Thanks in advance. :)
1. Dive Housing Gopro, is it good enough with a filter or should I look for a aftermarket?
2. Filter Backscatter... Yes?
3. Mount... On a Stiiick??? How tough is it and what do you use?
4. Any other pitfalls that I need to know about?
I dive mostly freshwater with vis, eh... soso.
Thanks again for looking

You definitely want an underwater housing of some type. I like my SNP Blurfix since I can change the filters depending on where I am diving. I made a tray to keep it stabilized out of a piece if metal and a couple of jump rope grips (all for less than $12). There are a lot of great GoPro products out there - check aquaprohd.com.

If visibility is soso, then a long pole filming yourself may not be best. I saw a GoPro mounted on a dive light yesterday, appeared to be a smooth setup, easy to handle and the light showed you where your GoPro was filming. Much depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it. Great camera from what I have seen and one day maybe I will own one.

flat port dive housing...yes

I'm used to green water so use lights to add color to near subjects rather than filters, but the consensus seems to be add filters for color correction when diving shallow.

In poor vis you want to separate the lights from the camera to minimize backscatter---don't want to light up all the junk between the camera and subject, eh? There are good tray/light systems out there or you can DIY.

If visibility is soso, then a long pole filming yourself may not be best. I saw a GoPro mounted on a dive light yesterday, appeared to be a smooth setup, easy to handle and the light showed you where your GoPro was filming. Much depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it. Great camera from what I have seen and one day maybe I will own one.

I had mine mounted on my dive light with the flat adhesive and it only stayed stuck on during the 1st dive. fell off right before the 2nd but i liked it on there so i'm thinking about figuring out a different wayt o secure on there. Wasn't a lot of white out in the center so a wider angle would be better. I've got the gopro housing and just ordered the new polarpro snapon filter - red but the magenta is for green water they say.

Thank you all for responding! Just a fallow up... I did a search for SNP Blurrfix. It came up only with the GoPro housing. This is what you guys are takling about, right?

Thank you all for responding! Just a fallow up... I did a search for SNP Blurrfix. It came up only with the GoPro housing. This is what you guys are takling about, right?

Yep, BlurFix.

Here is some video that I shot with mine and a CY filter:

[video=youtube;m1dy1XP0Tis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1dy1XP0Tis&feature=g-upl[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom