New Intova IC-12 & ISS-2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KP3S

Contributor
Reaction score
Isabela, Puerto Rico, 3 miles from the Atlantic Co
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my brand new IC-12, and I am impress at the quality of the photos above water. This weekend I will try it at the local reef and see how it performs.

The ISS-2000 is a different story, the very basic instruction sheet is very vague, 1 of the reasons is not working with the PX-25, find out that 1 of the 2 sensors is not working and it took me a while to get the camera to activate the strobe, I am not too sure about this strobe but if it does not performs well I will return it for a full refund and get the Fantasea Nano Single Pro that it seems to work better than the Intova ISS-2000.

Intova has come out with the new ISS-4000 but I have not heard anything from this new strobe and none of my dive friend here has one yet.

Intova should include with the camera and the strobe a couple of silica gel bags and a small tube of silicon grease for the price you pay for either of these items, instead they sell them separately. A trip to walmart and I was given 4 silica gel bags from one employee that was stocking in the electronics department and told me that when ever I wanted more to stop by and ask him, they usually throw them away anyway. Silicone grease can be found at PepBoys marine grade very cheap for a big tube that should last you a couple of years.

I will write more about this set up after a couple of dives, maybe in 2 weeks time. Bye for now.

Last edited:
The ISS-2000 is a different story, the very basic instruction sheet is very vague, 1 of the reasons is not working with the PX-25, find out that 1 of the 2 sensors is not working and it took me a while to get the camera to activate the strobe, I am not too sure about this strobe but if it does not performs well I will return it for a full refund and get the Fantasea Nano Single Pro that it seems to work better than the Intova ISS-2000.

You're not the only one who's had this problem, and don't be so sure that the sensor isn't working. Others, including me, have discovered that the placement of the fiber optic cable mount on the strobe must be very precise. Furthermore, the mount can shift over the course of just one dive. Once that happens, the sensor doesn't pick up the light signal through the sync cord and it thusly won't fire.

Some solutions to fix this problem have been posted in the strobes and lighting sub forum.

Also, it helps to turn up the flash power on your camera. Good luck!

Also, it helps to turn up the flash power on your camera. Good luck!

Ok, I have gone thru the menu on the IC-12 twice and I can not find a setting to turn the power up to the internal flash.

If you have any problems with any equipment from Intova, call them and talk to Kevin Lackey. I was having an issue with a brand new ISS-2000, one of the 2 sensor used to trigger the strobe was not working. Called Intova and talked to Kevin and he issued a RMA, returned the strobe to Intova and now I am waiting for a replacement strobe, since the ISS-2000 has been replaced by the ISS-4000, I am getting the newer model. I hope it gets here before next week end so I can try it out. The ISS-2000 has not been in the water when I send it back to Intova. Great customer support. :D

I too have found Kevin at Intova to be a great help. There are alot of choices when it comes to dive cameras and equipment. I have been using Intova for 4 generations of cameras. I now use the IC12. After a dozen dives in Hawaii I took it to St Thomas. Unfortunately, the housing flooded. But Intova had a new one for me waiting at home. They really do have the best support I have seen in the industry. They are quick to answer questions and stand behind their products. There are samples of my Intova pics at drmark920.com
Dr Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom