New KS diver checking in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic_diver45:
I maybe added to the ranks of the Kansas dive community come next May when my fiancee graduates college. We've pretty much decided that it's where we want to go for me to finish my degree. Can I get an honest opinion on if it's a good place to live? Are there any good places to dive? If you want you can catch me off list on Yahoo or AOL Messenger (screenname on both is USAFMEDIC45) or by e-mail at USAFMEDIC45@hotmail.com.

BTW....I just moved back here to Indiana from Columbia, MO....I noticed one of the people who replied was from Columbia.

I can't answer the dive question (I just got my OW & have yet to dive locally), but I have lived in Kansas all my life. Nice place to live, good for kids. Not much to see. Where in Ks are you looking at? (Makes a big difference in terms of things to do)

We're looking at several places...Emporia, Topeka, Hays are the top three I think because of the schools there. I'm kind of partial to Hays (and yes I know it's in the middle of nowhere pretty much) mainly because it sits in the middle of one of the best fossil deposits in the world.
Granted there probably isn't much diving out there, but anyhow I think my fiancee is going to make us move to Emporia or Topeka. She seems to like having a big city nearby. Oh well....anything is better than Indiana.

Creed, I live east of Newton out in the country (its not the end of the earth but you can see it from there). Call it Wichita area since no one can find it when I explain where it is.

Are you thinking I am someone you know? I only know 1 person in Lyons, and he isn't there anymore (he's in jail).

Later
Brian

medic_diver45:
We're looking at several places...Emporia, Topeka, Hays are the top three I think because of the schools there. I'm kind of partial to Hays (and yes I know it's in the middle of nowhere pretty much) mainly because it sits in the middle of one of the best fossil deposits in the world.
Granted there probably isn't much diving out there, but anyhow I think my fiancee is going to make us move to Emporia or Topeka. She seems to like having a big city nearby. Oh well....anything is better than Indiana.

Emporia and Topeka are both nice. Emporia is more of a college town, but relatively close (1hr) to several larger cities...KC, Topeka, Wichita. My brother lives in Topeka and loves it. Some areas better than others.

frenchy07:
Creed, I live east of Newton out in the country (its not the end of the earth but you can see it from there). Call it Wichita area since no one can find it when I explain where it is.

Are you thinking I am someone you know? I only know 1 person in Lyons, and he isn't there anymore (he's in jail).

Later
Brian
Nope, just curious about other divers in the area. The last time(only time?) I was in Newton was about 2 years ago, to pick up a VW Beetle. I would like to get some diving in this summer/fall locally, and I am tracking down every person in the area that I may be able to get in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom