New look Miss Lindsey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went to a club meeting held by Lynnhaven Dive Center LDC
mainly to bring attention to the new & approved dive boat Miss Lindsey.

With new paint, now red & white, all new cabin layout & lots on new paint & obvious elbow grease to get it to look as good as new.

Gone is the rear upper deck which also doubled as cover for the dive deck area, probably the only down side I saw, but Scott assured me that a new soft cover was on the drawing board, but probably will not make an appearance this year.

Only real problem is if a diver is seasick, they will have no where to go to be out of the weather or sea state to relieve themselves.

They have taken several thousands of lbs off the total weight & with the newly rebuilt engines she should move along quite nicely.

No compressor on board so passengers will need to bring 2 tanks. They will also limit the diver count to 16 down from 22.

The meeting at Chicks Oyster bar was very well attended, with at least 80 people. Just need a fraction of them to actually dive & make it a successful season for them.
Food was very good, with most going with the Flounder special, but did see some very tasty looking fish tacos pass my way.

1st trip March 12 to the Morgan.

Thanks for the heads up Rob. I am a frequent flyer on the Miss Lindsey and can't wait to take a trip this year. I will miss the compressor though. That thing made so much noise, it was easy to home in on if you couldn't find the anchor line (from what I hear from others that is, not that it ever happened to ME :wink:).

Rob

Yes it is true, they now keep it behind the home of Scott & Lindsey, for whom the boat is named.
I hear they are buying a van to shuttle divers from the shop to the fuel dock at Lynnhaven marina, home of 1 Fish 2 Fish.
There is some parking there, but probably not enough to accommodate 16 divers without causing some friction with the restaurant.

Yes it is true, they now keep it behind the home of Scott & Lindsey, for whom the boat is named.
I hear they are buying a van to shuttle divers from the shop to the fuel dock at Lynnhaven marina, home of 1 Fish 2 Fish.
There is some parking there, but probably not enough to accommodate 16 divers without causing some friction with the restaurant.

Compared to Rudee Inlet, how much time will the new location add in transit time to a typical dive trip? Plus a van trip to/from Lynnhaven??

dove on the miss lindsey a few times on offshore trips with atlantic divers and thoroughly enjoyed it, great crew and a great time, heading back down in june and july, after loosing so much weight she must really fly.

Compared to Rudee Inlet, how much time will the new location add in transit time to a typical dive trip? Plus a van trip to/from Lynnhaven??

Really depends on a lot of things, but I would say under 1/2 hour, closer to the Santore, further from the Tiger.
The Triangles (Morgan, Luchenbach area) is pretty much the same. 1/2 hour to run the no-wake zone to the bay. But once there the new found speed will come into play.
Everything depends on the transit time in the van, LDC is very close to the dock so as long as the customers are on time & everything runs as they hope it should work fine.
I live less than 10 min. from Rudee (vs 20 to LDC) so it suxs for me, plus I dive doubles 90% of the time, like to take them from my truck to the boat, not from my truck to a van to the boat.
But I have been told with everything being new they might need to adjust things as they go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom