New Marina Slips by Ferry Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...back to the topic, I was hoping that these might turn into live aboard slips. Perfect location within easy walking distance of everything that we love about Coz. (Except La Perlita) Are their any slips with shore power in Cozumel?

Jay

Christi I must disagree, while I agree with your opinion of the current Municipal and for that matter state government, those expats operating a business in a foreign country are in the worst position to offer a critical opinion of a sitting government. While it is considered rude in many countries for a non citizen to discuss politics I see no restraint in those very same countries to involve themselves in the recent US election cycle.

Why is this post allowed at all. In his opening post he talks about the stupid government in Mexico. Like Christi says why does this concern us ?

With all due respect - unless you actually live here or have a business here, it really is not your place or concern to discuss local politics or government nor do you really have an understanding of it - nor should you be expected to. Come enjoy your vacation.

I could comment on every point - but this one is the one that raised the hair on the back of my neck :)
"The new mayor has made some controversial decisions, can we talk about local politics that relate to Coz, or is all political talk banned?"

Are you aware that the previous administration that just left office emptied out all Government offices - I'm talking about furniture, computers, equipment, EVERYTHING - and left debts like never before? They left the new Mayor with very little to work with - and they basically stole from the taxpayers of this island - furniture and equipment are paid for by taxpayers! So before you make statements like that about the new Mayor - please make sure you have the facts straight.

The people of Cozumel were tired of the corruption within local government and voted for change - the losing party is not taking it so well and are behaving like petulant children and delinquents!

Perla will be amazing if given the chance - she's only been in office for 2 months and was left with a **** pile to clean up!

Your response is exactly what I was referring to when I spoke about the value of the opinions of some members. The press is often biased in reporting the news, and judging by the news that is available, It is difficult to get accurate news. I was aware of the debt, as well as the layoffs. Most international news seems biased against her, citing appointments of unqualified persons to positions of power and smaller issues such as trying to charge a fee to all athletes that use the football fields even though the fields are federally funded.

While I don't own a business, I have spent extended visits and have friends that do own property or businesses in Coz so it is reasonable to take an interest in local events including politics. I, as well as others here view Coz as a potential second home so it is reasonable to take an interest in the community as a whole.

There may be some posters who just like to talk in general terms about corruption and other negative issues only, I was looking for intelligent and open discussion regarding local politics.

If I was a casual tourist or a cruise ship visitor I would take less of an interest in the local events and be more concerned with tourist issues like restaurants, fruity drinks and balloon hats.

This forum should have a PUB COZ opt in section for discussions of Coz related nonscuba issues as it seems these topics arise often and are quickly deleted. There is not enough specific Coz interest
in the Pub section, as most of the threads that are moved there die quickly among the pub regulars.

If the intent of this forum is to only say positive things about Coz, then that should be made clear in the TOS.

Can someone post a picture of these slips? I think I saw an artist rendition of them some time ago.

So back to the original post. How wide are the slips? Will my boat fit? It has an 11' beam, is that too wide? Is there water and shore power? How much per month? Is there dock security? etc.

So back to the original post. How wide are the slips? Will my boat fit? It has an 11' beam, is that too wide? Is there water and shore power? How much per month? Is there dock security? etc.

I am back in Texas now for Thanksgiving but will be back in Coz next week with photos etc. NO chance of a live aboard since no sewer hook up, and I doubt power. But will check it out next week. BTW it is completely legal for Mexican Citizens to discuss politics…but maybe a bit more dangerous than in the US.

Dave Dillehay

I am back in Texas now for Thanksgiving but will be back in Coz next week with photos etc. NO chance of a live aboard since no sewer hook up, and I doubt power. But will check it out next week. BTW it is completely legal for Mexican Citizens to discuss politics…but maybe a bit more dangerous than in the US.

Dave Dillehay

No need for a hook up, just a weekly cruise.

Need power for the battery charger, coffee maker and the blender.

No need for the blender Margaritas and Mojitos are just steps away

No need for the blender Margaritas and Mojitos are just steps away

If I am ever so fortunate as to have a liveaboard in the Caribbean, I would be happy to have you aboard and demonstrate the importance of a blender. Be it sunrise mango smoothies, breakfast green drinks, lunchtime limon-ade, evening frozen daiquiris, or late night Kahlua and coconut ice cream slushies, a blender is indispensable boating equipment.

A step away vs. step$ away, you pick.

Back
Top Bottom