New Member from Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I just started diving and have learned a lot from ScubaBoard. I look forward to new experiences, expanding my knowledge and maybe someday helping someone else.

Welcome to SB.

Lots of material here in this forum, and given your base in Okinawa, I'm sure you may end up meeting other SB users and possibly giving advice to people wanting to visit Okinawa in the future.

Whats up from Oki! Have you joined the Facebook groups yet?

Whats up from Oki! Have you joined the Facebook groups yet?
I actually don’t use Facebook, so I’ve been relying on talking to people I meet and the dive shop. So far I’ve been able to dive every weekend weather allowing.

Where’ve you been so far?
I’ve been to Kin Red, Gorilla Chop, Mermaids Grotto, Motobu Seawall, and Cape Maeda. They’re all great places. I have two dives left for my AOW and am hoping to finish up this weekend. Sadly the weather hasn’t been the greatest.

welcome! I think Okinawa will be my next diving trip destination! do you see hammer head?

welcome! I think Okinawa will be my next diving trip destination! do you see hammer head?
I've seen a bunch of white tips but never a Hammerhead. They're more down around Yonaguni and not as much aroun Okinawa proper :(

I would say the biggest draw here are the reefs. They're all over the island. Today I dove the Kadena Seawall, the reef is very alive. hardly any dead parts. Personally, haven't seen anything other than reef fish.

I would say the biggest draw here are the reefs. They're all over the island. Today I dove the Kadena Seawall, the reef is very alive. hardly any dead parts. Personally, haven't seen anything other than reef fish.
heathy reef, nice. okinawa have a shop called "max air", can rent a cylinder (550JPY) go self diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom