New member in San Francisco area looking for buddies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joey G

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi There! I just joined - am a relatively new diver (Open Water certified in July 2017), and have about 10 dives logged. I'm looking for anybody (any buddy?) in the San Francisco, CA, area who wants to take weekend day trips to Monterey or Point Lobos or anywhere, really, to do some shore dives (boats make me sick, which is a sad thing). Hopefully I can connect with some folks here who want the same!

Welcome to Scuba Board Joey. You have arrived at the premiere place for scuba discussions.

Hi Joey,

There are a number of dive clubs in the bay area, some seem a little more dive oriented, others a bit more sociaI.

I joined Aqua Tutus about 2 years ago and have been happy with the experience. The club has been around since 1955, has monthly meetings in San Leandro (not too far from your Oakland location) with various topics, does at least one club dive a month generally in the Monterey area (plus members post other dives for people to join), has in-house training program with our own instructors, and runs frequent trips to various locations.

Most important, the people are really friendly and willing to share their knowledge.

Here is a link to our Meetup page:
https://www.meetup.com/Aqua-Tutus-Diving-Club/

Hopefully see you soon!

There are several Bay Area scuba groups on the Meetup website and app. Meetup is generally how I set up dives and get buddies.

There are also several Monterey centric facebook groups - just search Monterey and scuba.

People are constantly posting on both of the above looking for buddies or dives.

Also, you should check out the regional forums on this site - the NorCal one specifically.

Im out of the water for the next month or so, but I will be looking to dive after that. Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom