New member JLB01 from Crystal River Fl.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JLB01

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to all you underwater folks. living in Crystal River for 3 years after 25 years in Big Pine Key, what a change in latitude but it's nice up here. My first certification was in 1959 at gandy bridge in tampa. Ray Odor and Don Bell were my instructors. That tell you how old i am?.
My son was Johny Longblades who passed this past July in Key West. I had the pleasure of being with him on his first dive at Looe Key. Anyone that knew Johny I would appreciate hearing from you. thanks jlb01

:colouredsmilies: Welcome to ScubaBoard! :colouredsmilies: I am visiting Looe Key at the end of the month and really looking forward to it. As well, Crystal River is a place i've always wanted to visit - you are a fortunate man! Look forward to hearing more of your experiences in the future!!

welcome aboard!!!
had a great time in crystal river last year at the dema show trip i took
old diver from here in n.y.,capt.wayne,showed us a wonderful time w/ the manatees
coming down to camp at bahia honda next week
great people on board-great networking
sorry to hear of your loss

sarita, you're gonna love Looe Key. Have you decided what shop you will dive out of?. Underseas is a good shop, they have a big cat boat. ask for Maryann if you go there. If you need a place to stay, Parmers Place on Little Torch key is great, it's on the water, reasonable and the people are wonderful. Don't forget to visit the No Name Pub, great food and a good time.
Also since you're that close to Key West, go to the Subtropic shop on Truman av., ask for Mike or Lindsey(my daughter) they will set you up with a great dive also. Have Fun!!!! jlb01

J yaeger, many hours on the beach at Bahia Honda. If you plan to dive the Bahia Honda Bridge, be careful, lots of bull sharks and not friendly. The tarpon are thick around there so the bulls hang out enmass. thanks for your post jlb01

Welcome aboard Scubaboard from another old geezer, I am not far from Crystal River and head over there a couple of times a year to do a little diving. Please complete your profile and let us know more about you.

Welcome to the Board.

We have an active group in Florida. You might want to check out the Florida Conch Divers forum in the Regional Travel and Dive Clubs section. Here is a link http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

It's a great way to meet fellow Florida Scuba Board people. I look forward to seeing you around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom