New midwest diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dorsal

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I doubt there is anyone is keeping track, but I found that I created this account 8 years ago. That was back when I was seriously looking at earning my cert; before life got in the way.

I have been following the board on and off and I finally earned my open water last year. That was thanks to some friends that kept prodding me to finally jump in (pun intended). I've been diving a bit locally and am looking forward to learning some more. Local is lakes and quarry's. My wife and I are diving the Caribbean this summer and looking at other destinations for next year.

Hello from another Midwesterner!

Thanks drrich2 and Marie13.

@drrich2 we are headed to st Lucia. I'm hoping to dive most of the popular spots like the coral gardens, pinnicals, and the superman flight. The island has some fun hiking too.

You'll like it. Been there twice on cruise ship stops. Dove on one, a Pitons trip with Scuba Steves - Quick St. Lucia Trip Report. The other time, a rainforest hike was nice, but wear footwear with some ankle support, because it would've been easy to sprain an ankle on portions of the trail.

Richard.

@drrich2 thanks for sharing your trip report. Oddly, there seems to be few write ups about st Lucia. It could be just the limited number of dive shops. Either way, I'm looking forward to diving there.

My suspicion is that it may be somewhat expensive in terms of total trip cost, at least at the resorts I hear mentioned often, without a strong special draw for diving.

The question isn't why dive St. Lucia; it's why bypass Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Key Largo and the Caymans to do it to do it? That's the kind of answer I like to read and that informs dive trip choices.

Back
Top Bottom