New Nitrox Stick Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! I am not the only one with plywood screwed onto the wall.

Looks great, now get that O2 tank chained to the wall. I also set my pressure gauge to read close to 32 psi with the equivalent 32% into the stick by adjusting the needle valve. Then all mixture adjustments are made on the regs main knob. In fact the needle valve has the handle removed on mine.

One thing I would highly recommend is a solenoid on the O2 line coming into the mixing stick. That way it shuts the O2 off if the compressor shuts down. The scary part is if the compressor shuts down, fills the stick with O2, then restarts all on it's own, and goes BOOM!

Nice job, much tidier than my effort. I just worked out what % O2 I get for each 50 Kpa on the O2 regulator and then dial up whatever I need. I no longer measure it as it goes into the compressor as I could never get an accurate reading. I can get to within 0.2% every time.

Very nice. So what kind of top filter did you use? Anything you could find in the lawnmower section or a specifi one? What type of end cap did you attach it to? The one I plan to use has a meshed top. It'd be cool to see a pic of the inside with the golf balls if it was easy to do. Any trouble finding an efficient way to attach the smaller pvc that you have your O2 sensor attached to, and any issue getting the sensor sealed in well?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom