** New Oceanic EOS Review **

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got Oceanic latest reg in the mail today, thanks Doug :D

This is hot off the presses and not even available yet. We are doing some dives with it today(Ice) and this weekend to put this thing thru some grueling tests to ensure Oceanic came out with another great product(I already know they did)

First Impressions out of box(until water)
- Nice compact design
- Great looking reg
- Same FDX10 first stage as Delta 4(great first stage)
- Swivel for comfort(can be ordered without swivel)
-DVT (DRy Valve Technology)
Now for breathing...

WOW!!!! ON the surface this thing breathes incredible!!! I compared it with our other regs and it blew them away! The adjustments are easy to use and adjust to your breathing. Nice, easy, long breaths with no effort and full breaths too that doesnt feel like your fighting the reg....It has 2 controls for breathing effort and trust me, it doesnt take much effort to breath out of this!!!!

Well, not much more I can really say until we get it in the water.....I will post back more later today!

If you have any questions or need more pics please post them here

Mike

PS- Pics are just a battery charging few minutes away :wink:

Batteries charged....here are some pics

PICT0190.jpg

PICT0191-1.jpg

PICT0192-1.jpg

PICT0193.jpg

PICT0189.jpg

PICT0188.jpg

Awesome! A review of a reg (breathed only at the surface, once?) by a retailer who sells said reg.:shakehead:

Or I could NOT offer you an inside look at whats to come? But I think most would rather see/hear about new stuff. As I said, it came today and we are heading to the water for Ice diving...ITs not even available for retail yet...This is a SNEAK PEAK....what do you want? If thats not good enough for you and you want to be negative about my efforts, please leave them off my thread:wink:

Thanks

Sorry, that's not how threads work on SB. You called it a review. It's not. Or at least, it's the worst review I've ever read. Do you write for Scuba Diving magazine? I get that you want to generate sales, but this is pathetic. You couldn't even wait until you'd actually breathed this under the water before posting?

Really? A 5 minute writeup as we are heading to the water...trying to get this out for people real quick before I get under the water and this is what I get? WOW!!!

Do I write for scuba diving magazine?? Where did I say that? Looks like someone is looking to troll this thread. Please leave this thread for those that are interested!

Its no attempt at sales as its not even out yet! No pricing available, nothing....just a look at whats to come

Thanks

That reg is making me regret that I just ordered XTX-50s. It's HOT!! I really like the look of it.

Thank you for the sneak peak. I am very thankful for vendors like you who will offer us info and insight on new regs before they hit the market.

Rainier is just jealous that you have the reg before he does, or maybe he got yelled at by his boss and has to take out his frustrations on someone doing the dive community a favor.

I can't wait to read how it works underwater (ICE) and if there are any freeflows.

It looks a lot like the Hollis reg they had on display, any idea if it's the same unit?

Send one to me Mike, I'll be happy to review it for you!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom