New parking regulations for KELVINS GROVE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vancouverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
[h=5]
[/h][h=5]Kelvins Grove. A dive buddy has advised that they have reduced the visitor parking spots from 5 to 3. They have also changed the starting parking time, to open at 10 am rather than 8 am. They are enforcing it, as a diver got a parking ticket.
This is an unwarranted change considering that I have always seen the 15 or so resident parking spots EMPTY! Why is it so important to have an empty parking lot from 8 am to 10 am? Or is it just to make it more inconvenient for visiting divers?
I can only speculate that in my opinion, they are trying to reduce visitor access, and/or trying to get additional parking ticket revenues.
I would strongly encourage you to car pool if you decide to dive at Kelvins. Frustrating!
ps: there is quite a bit of erosion by the bench. Entry is a bit awkward, but manageable.
[/h]

That's too bad. I've always had a great experience diving there, and I've never seen one residential parking spot being used. The divers I see there are courteous and reasonably quiet.

Maybe it's just one group of loud, boisterous divers that offend. However, it's likely that just one or two residents are extremely anal about non-residents diving there.

We'll have to start banning Lions Bay residents from public places in GVRD :\

I've become aware of a few issues that irritate the Lions Bay residents/Council.
1: Divers urinating in public. Please, there is a washroom. Please use it.
2: Noise. Apparently, there is complaints about noise. I find this hard to believe, considering I've heard the train roar through blowing the whistle, but please, lets try not to irritate anyone and keep the noise down.

Perception is reality, and the above points appear to be real issues for Council. We are in their radar scopes, and it is easy for them to make diving difficult for us.
Thanks.

Went to Kelvins tonight. I'm pleased to report there are 5 visitor parking spots, open from 8 am to 10 pm. So they either changed it back, or I was mis informed.
Let's keep our fingers crossed and not tick off the residents.

Back
Top Bottom