New pictures taken with new lenses 12-50 mm and 60 mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 12-50 port will arrive next week and so I can put it to the test, along with my 60mm! I took my om-d rig for its very first dive today, using my 45mm macro and a loaner port until the other one arrives. What a great rig!! I splurged in the 45 degree viewfinder and don't regret it one bit, makes it worlds easier! Will be posting some shots later today.

I must say, I planned to sell the 45 macro because I got the 60, but the quality of that lens is amazing and I am re-thinking getting rid of it.

I splurged in the 45 degree viewfinder and don't regret it one bit, makes it worlds easier!

Would this 45 Deg. viewfinder be OK even with WA lens? Also, is it easy to switch back tot he original viewfinder in between dives?

Would this 45 Deg. viewfinder be OK even with WA lens? Also, is it easy to switch back tot he original viewfinder in between dives?

I' own also a 45° viewfinder , my old Inon one which has been modify by backscatter where I bought it first for my Aquatica housing ( Nikon D90 ) now it as instead of the Aquatica adaptater a Nauticam one .By the way Backscatter sold me also the back window that must be changed to allow the mount of any viewfinder Nauticam included.You can change the windows and the viewfinder easily , but I don't think that it is be a good idea to make that too frequently , there is o rings to manage ,and better not to risk to flood the camera this way ..
I'm used since many dives to this 45° viewfinder for wide angle and macro as well .If for wide angle the viewfinder is not essential , I think that for macro it's much more better and I don't see any disadvantage in using it also in wide angle .

When you look through the viewfinder it's like looking at a TV , it's really amazing ,no it's really not for me a disadvantage to use viewfinder in WA , but it's a real disadvantage to try to do macro shots without it
:)

OK, I am sold!! Thank you!!

Cool , you won't regret , take care it's a bit difficult to use the viewfinder at the beggining !
And don't forget also that you need a new Nauticam back window to mount it , if you ned help send me a private message when you'll receive the window and the viewfinder , but better ask to your provider to show it to you :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom