New Post Indicator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I know you are going through an upgrade (thank you!) but I want to discuss an issue that I've brought up on other Board who are utilizing this software: new post indicators.

The current default for "new posts" is a change in the colour of the icon. The colours are too similar & it makes the usual task of seeing which forums have new/updated posts more difficult.

What I suggest is a couple of things:

1) Change the icon to something else to denote that there are new/updated posts in that forum.
2) Change the colour to something other than the current default; something that is not so similar.

Thanks!

Also, Tapatalk didn't recognize that were any new posts this morning. None of the overnight posts got tagged or whatever method Tapatalk uses.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I going nuts... I always use the "What's New" button to read all new posts since my last log in. When I did this initially upon logging in there were 5 pages of new posts. Each time I went to a new page, additional pages of new posts were added until at the end there were 17 pages total. I tried pressing the "What's New" button again and got 7 pages of new posts, but by the time I had stopped looking at all the pages, there were 17 total!

The old version didn't seem to do anything like this to me using this procedure. Now I'm wondering if I'm actually reading all the new posts, and where I'll start with the next log in.

I know you are going through an upgrade (thank you!) but I want to discuss an issue that I've brought up on other Board who are utilizing this software: new post indicators.

The current default for "new posts" is a change in the colour of the icon. The colours are too similar & it makes the usual task of seeing which forums have new/updated posts more difficult.

What I suggest is a couple of things:

1) Change the icon to something else to denote that there are new/updated posts in that forum.
2) Change the colour to something other than the current default; something that is not so similar.

Thanks!

Any comment on this from Tech or similar?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom