New Poster from Calgary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

checkmate

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone, found this site by accident, so far so good :) The information that I have uncovered on this site has been great!!!
I am a diver who is currently taking the Tec DSAT course. I look forward to chatting and meeting some local divers.

Later

Checkmate :moon:

Your handle caught my attention - I'm the owner and President of Checkmate Public Affairs. So then I check out your profile, and you're exactly one week older than I am.

I was in Calgary in April - beautiful city. I really like it out there. Have you dove in that lake just outside Banff? Pardon my spelling - something like Mineewonka?

Anyway - this board is a wealth of information. Welcome!

I'm just south of you in Lethbridge. Good to see another Albertan on here... there are a few of us! How do you like the DSAT course? I've been thinking of doing it myself one day.

Hi bridgediver and Boogie 771 thanks for the reply....I start the DSAT course on Thursday, so I will update you once I start it, looking forward to it! One of the things that sort of pissed me off is that you need to go out and spend more money on equipment, if I knew that before hand I probably wouldn't of bought my original stuff in the first place, oh well, live and learn!

Now for the dumb question of the day, is there any organizations out there that provide training for divers that don't want to dive with a dive buddy?

Regards

Checkmate

welcome aboard to another canuck!

checkmate once bubbled...

Now for the dumb question of the day, is there any organizations out there that provide training for divers that don't want to dive with a dive buddy?

SDI Solo Cert

I hear you about the gear replacement thing. I'm going to work at getting the proper gear first and the training second. Just too cost prohibitive for me.

Why are you looking for a solo course? Should be lots of divers in calgary for ya? Down here... not so much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom