New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Everyone,
Bill also mentions that they have one for all our loyal BlurFix customers.
Like you I'm sitting on the edge of my seat!

Well, i am a loyal Blurfix customer, still waiting...

Still waiting for a German Seller... :/ You're so lucky!

OK so this is all well and good for the GoPro housing owners :D----But when is the BlurFix version going to be available? I go to Hawaii in January and would really like to have one by then.

Can you put rain x on th elens to fix this problem??

Same issue with all wet filters, if you have them on as you descend some bubbles may get trapped in between the flat lens and dive port. I had this happen some times with each of the wet filters from SRP, Backscatter and even Oculus. Its also possible that if you go through your buddies bubbles they may trap some more during the dive, this never happened to me with any filters but I can see how it could happen.

Even the flat lens itself sometimes gets micro bubbles attach themselves to the outside with no filters as you descend. Very easy to remove the filter underwater with this new design by SRP and why I made this video showing how its done underwater in a strong current with a tray, lights and a bunch of GoPro cameras on it with the other filters.

[video=youtube;JX_oHI7A7hY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX_oHI7A7hY[/video]

The current here was too strong for us to swim against so I am kicking full speed as I do this, this is about as tough a set of conditions as your going to ever need to do this in. The second filter clean was during a descent as I was dropping down to 30m and equalizing along the way whilst holding the tray with one hand.

The strong currents also did help avoid most bubbles getting stuck in there as the water was flushing through pretty quickly but some micro bubbles may still stay and effect your shot so it is worth checking it just after descent and a couple times during the dive if your keeping it on the entire time. The BS flip also needs to be flipped on descent but the Oculus is so awkward in the way its mounted I couldn't take the filter off easy enough with my setup so just had to leave it as it was.

I dont think so and its not much of a problem and only will happen if you enter the water with a wet filter mostly so either take it off and give it a quick shake or just put the filter on after you've dropped below. If going through someones bubbles it may happen in theory but I didnt notice it but I dont think I went through any bubbles either.

I had noticed small bubbles on the outside of the flat lens with no filter at times so its always best to give it a good check or you may end up with a pesky little bubble in the frame all dive.

well.. the design is to be taken out and put back in easily... so that itself should take care of it..
never use one ...yet :)

well.. the design is to be taken out and put back in easily... so that itself should take care of it..
never use one ...yet :)

Yea and if you do need a wet filter then it really shouldn't be an issue to have to take it off underwater as it is the main point of getting a wet filter. The video I posted showed how easy it is in pretty tough condition's and that was just about the first time I used those filters and put them on underwater so it gets even easier once you've done it a few times.

I dont know when the Blurfix clipon is due but I think the Hero3 release has made the guys at SRP pretty busy and I'm pretty sure the original Blurfix clipon will be released along with a bunch of cool things for the new hero3 housing's pretty soon, but you will need to wait for SRP's official announcements on this and also release date of the Blurfix Slip On as I dont know all that much just know they are working on some very interesting stuff atm.

[video=youtube;ensZRJ-i21I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ensZRJ-i21I&list=UUkTbs_XpT5-Bf7macoN1AOg&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Here's a very nice video from one of our customers (Neil H.) using the Dome featuring the URPro CYD.

---------- Post Merged at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Merxlin, Like Marty said in a previous post....GoPro's announcement of the Hero3 caused a little bit of a schedule change....I can tell you that we have not forgot about our BlurFix customers, and will be providing a Dome slip over filter for the BlurFix soon. I'm not making up excuses, but we are balancing attending DEMA, Production, and development of the new Dome filter for the Hero3 (Which is sure to please!).

OK so this is all well and good for the GoPro housing owners :D----But when is the BlurFix version going to be available? I go to Hawaii in January and would really like to have one by then.

Merxlin, Like Marty said in a previous post....GoPro's announcement of the Hero3 caused a little bit of a schedule change....I can tell you that we have not forgot about our BlurFix customers, and will be providing a Dome slip over filter for the BlurFix soon. I'm not making up excuses, but we are balancing attending DEMA, Production, and development of the new Dome filter for the Hero3 (Which is sure to please!).

It's all good guys! I know you take care of your customers and appreciate your product. The screw on filters work great already. It's just my gear envy. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom