New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is also going to be a filter the same as the one being made for the dive housing for the current blurfix housing if anyone needs a wet filter option. You wont be able to use the same filter on both housings though as the GoPro dive is much larger and a completly different shape to the Blurfix. Sorry I dont know if both will be out at the same time so we will need some official info regarding this as I am only a tester of these new filters and have nothing to do with SRP plus Im on the other side of the world to them. :D

This will allow you to use the blurfix with a clear filter and then have the clipon urpro cyan to go over that. From my early tests they both perform in much the same way but as I have a few gopros to play with this week I will also shoot some video with both these options. I do like the screw in filters still and its more of an option for those that really need a wet filter option for blurfix housing without needing to get the gopro dive housing and it does that job well with the same URPro quality as the screw in version.

Sorry to the guys at SRP if ive said more then I should here but this was mentioned vaguely in some earlier posts and seems theres a little confusion. There should be some further official info within a week and also some images of the very cool looking filters out fairly soon.

I love the idea of a flip down red filter for the blurfix housing. We do a lot of deep diving but finish off much shallower and the end of dive video is always a bit red.

are they waiting for gopro to release the smartphone app :) or are they having a race to see who release it 'last'? :)

are they waiting for gopro to release the smartphone app :) or are they having a race to see who release it 'last'? :)

Lol, yea well I guess you know from when the original blurfix was being made they always intended to make a wet filter option for that housing but the wide fov made it very hard to make a filter slip over that yet not have the filter holder get into the frame in wide modes. They have had to take quite a different approach and something nobody else has done with filters before to make it work without adding vignetting or increasing the size of the adapter. When I first heard that I couldn't comprehend what could be so different and would never have guessed what they did before actualy seeing it.

Due to the power button location on the gopro it doesnt give much extra space for a larger adapter and making something that fits the blurfix as is without adding vignetting, makes current users not need to upgrade the adapter but only get a new filter if needing the wet option. I think this is a pretty good achievement by the guys, function wise it may even provide a more even filtering but I havent had great conditions to get a proper comparison of image quality between the screw in and clip on filters yet.

Hey Everyone,

Keep an eye out for some up coming information real soon. Like real soon! I am thinkinking back to when Bill said " If it's not new, exciting and of quality we're not going to build it!" Wow! The new SRP color correcting filter series sure meets those standards.

---------- Post Merged at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:02 PM ----------

[video=youtube_share;_mKYRyaX7SY]http://youtu.be/_mKYRyaX7SY[/video]

Last edited:
So. The YouTube video says available late October. So no chance before my Bonaire trip October 19 then eh? :-(

i think they heard me shout! hahah...

i think probably for marty to get the video up...

spicychili... u can write them a nice email.. maybe they will let you be one of the first... no harm anyway... either SRP or aquaprohd

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Lol, yea well I guess you know from when the original blurfix was being made they always intended to make a wet filter option for that housing but the wide fov made it very hard to make a filter slip over that yet not have the filter holder get into the frame in wide modes. They have had to take quite a different approach and something nobody else has done with filters before to make it work without adding vignetting or increasing the size of the adapter. When I first heard that I couldn't comprehend what could be so different and would never have guessed what they did before actualy seeing it.

Due to the power button location on the gopro it doesnt give much extra space for a larger adapter and making something that fits the blurfix as is without adding vignetting, makes current users not need to upgrade the adapter but only get a new filter if needing the wet option. I think this is a pretty good achievement by the guys, function wise it may even provide a more even filtering but I havent had great conditions to get a proper comparison of image quality between the screw in and clip on filters yet.

well.. now that i seen it.. i hope that it will not have a 'little'.. really little nuisance ( not a problem) that i have with the backscatter flipup filter.. when i have the (backscatter) filter on.. opening the gopro housing is a little nuisance... or maybe my fingers are too big.. haha

Big fingers or not.... Not a problem, the entire filter comes off allowing you to use the GoPro Dive housing lens cover when storing or transporting. :D So opening the dive housing is not an issue.

Last edited:
So where's the Blurfix version?!?!?!?!? :D This needs it!

Attachments

• SRP TRAY.jpg
    SRP TRAY.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom