New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not say it could be produced in a day.. I said production should have been started. ( Which would give them a HARD date as to when the first round would be available.... Secondly, all of things you mentioned above

Over all cost to produce
Material availability
Assembly of the system
Dealer sign up
Packaging
Marketing
Distribution
Retail cost

Should have been figured out WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in advance of the stage they are in now. There are pictures of a perfectly good, ready for sale item ........However long it takes to ACTUALLY manufacture, is how long it should be before the first batch go out...... Donald Trump said something that makes sense to me (And he fired someone off of his show for it, who had a million people WANTING the product, but didn't have any of the item at the Point of Sale.) The number one rule in business is having the product available for purchase.

At the very least we should be aware of the retail cost as potential consumers.... who is to say we won't wait around and find out that is it above our desired price point? who is to say we won't wait around and then find out there is not enough for the initial demand - requiring us to wait yet again..... I am a consumer. I am your target. And these are the things on my mind. I have a GoPro. I have cash in my pocket. I want your product. No more secrets. Just release the info you do know to us including approximate price and allow us to pre order. It's really simple....

@TonyErnst13 I see and agree with several of your comments. It may have been a bit premature to announce that SRP was in fact producing another quality product. Maybe I should have held up a bit longer. Sorry. I think Bill was tired of me hammering him for information. LOL Sorry Bill!

With that said the product, is truly not completed from my understanding. These guys are out to hit a home run! The Red filter portion is completed and soon to be available for purchase.

Pre-order:
I don't think SRP wants us to offer a pre-order solution at this time. I will say that our loyal customers will be notified first via email of the products release. Keep an eye on this thread, I will have a special announcement for the SB community. Quality Quality Quality!!!

Now if you read this carefully: What did he mean that it wasn't completed and why does he call it an underwater color correction system??? Yes that was a tease! :D

That Polar Pro filter looks way too light in the red spectrum to work at the same depths as the SRP.

i thought the same thing. but i wrote to SRP a few times asking to be a tester, or get on a pre-order list, or to write reviews and they didn't even return my email with so much as a canned auto-response. So i figured what the heck haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
@James, please consider profesionnals or companies can be contacted by so many kinds of testers, sponsors, all for "free", that sometimes they can't answer everyone, and I know what I'm talking about. I publish a magazine, and get hundred of emails a day, I'm not able to answer all of them, though I have real consideration for each one... In my mind, that doesn't mean you should have consideration only for those who reply to you, or only give you free stuff.
The main thing is the intention, what you want, and what you expect, not only having free products...

@ Paul - Please stop trying to hijack the thread. If you need testers please send one to 104 S Post Rd Indianapolis, IN 46219 Att: AquaPro HD and we will happily run it through the battery of tests we use for the SRP products. Another option to sign up testers would be to open a new thread and ask for them. I know several divers are more than willing to assist with R@D. Once again thanks for your consideration.

@James - Please feel free to contact me for future testing, I would be very interested in your skill set to assist. By the way, welcome to ScubaBoard. I think you'll really enjoy your stay.

@James, please consider profesionnals or companies can be contacted by so many kinds of testers, sponsors, all for "free", that sometimes they can't answer everyone, and I know what I'm talking about. I publish a magazine, and get hundred of emails a day, I'm not able to answer all of them, though I have real consideration for each one... In my mind, that doesn't mean you should have consideration only for those who reply to you, or only give you free stuff.
The main thing is the intention, what you want, and what you expect, not only having free products...

The free stuff reply doesn't phase me nearly as much as the offer to buy the product and not getting a response. Not that i am mad or anything I just work in customer service and i know a response of any kind, even a computer generated auto-respone would be nice.

@ Paul - Please stop trying to hijack the thread. If you need testers please send one to 104 S Post Rd Indianapolis, IN 46219 Att: AquaPro HD and we will happily run it through the battery of tests we use for the SRP products. Another option to sign up testers would be to open a new thread and ask for them. I know several divers are more than willing to assist with R@D. Once again thanks for your consideration.

@James - Please feel free to contact me for future testing, I would be very interested in your skill set to assist. By the way, welcome to ScubaBoard. I think you'll really enjoy your stay.

Thanks! I am primarily a land photographer, but am loving the gopro when diving. Can't wait to get my hands on the SRP, i know a lot of locals here in vegas that will go nuts for it. I would love to get on the pre-order list.

I am patiently waiting for the SRP filter for my GoPro Dive Housing too...

On another note, I contacted SRP just a few days ago and was very impressed with their very timely response addressing my questions / needs. Thanks SRP! I am standing by with fingers crossed in prep for my October dive trip!

It is common for a product to show a teaser test video and so on. That means we know, that it is NOT A VAPORWARE.
We now know that SRP coming soon filter is better than the BackScatter flip.
It has been proven previously the SRP-URpro 55mm vs Magic Lens slip on by BackScatter, that SRP-URpro is better.
Waiting a bit longer for something superior is normal.

SRP needing to show the market 30 days or more ahead of time that they will have their long waited filters is in the works, its a good marketing. You can see Sony RX1, the baby size FULL FRAME CAMERA review and demo unit TODAY..........when will it be available ? Approx December.
Sony RX1 Hands-on Preview: Digital Photography Review

Aquatica D800 promised like 2 months ago, still delayed.

Making 100 or 10,000 SRP new filters is the same task. Mould must be made for the bracket and special shape the lens filter is, need to be custom made. BackScatter goes the easy route. Cut to shape existing flat color correction plastic sheet, make that flip hinge and sell = fast.

Why is SRP new filter shaped so complex ? There must be a good optical reason for it, I suspect they want maximum sharpness all the way to the four edges.

The way I see it, URpro and SRP has one thing in common, they are anal about perfection.
So they are a powerful team. Most professional dive housings, example Gates, uses URpro.....because it is the best there is.

URpro sees SRP as a strategic partner. Never before in URpro history ( I am sure my assumption is correct a 100% ), one model called GoPro HD2, can create so much sales for URpro. I mean 1 model, not 1 brand with many models.

SRP & URpro too want their tooling investment back soon, so they will surely launch the filter as soon as they can:D

@ IyaDiver - Well said sir!

suspect they want maximum sharpness all the way to the four edges.

The above statement is something that not everyone would have caught. The shape of the lens is as important as the material and color. With that said, I would not recommend everyone jumping on the GoPro Dive Housing and abandoning the flagship of SRP. (The BlurFix Adapter) Remember I told you that SRP has not forgotten their loyal customers. :D

The last statement was not a sales/marketing remark.

More information to come soon.

I have came back from my little dive trip, was great fun but not necessarily fun dealing with so many cameras lol. Here was the setup I brought but I only dived with 4 or 5 cameras each dive and my buddy had one with him each dive.

img20120913063047y.jpg

dscf6544k.jpg

The underwater image shows the lights all over the place as the current was pretty intense and there were times we just couldnt fight it even though I gave it a good try lol. Vis wasnt as great as last time here but I have got some great footage both for regular videos and to compare how each filter went at all depths. Most of the dives were at 15-30m so the URPro filters did do best at these levels the others were ok at most shallower levels and generally did better then no filter but struggled more compared to the URPro's the deeper it got.

At 30m with vis 10-15m no filters were great but the URPro did better then the dive guides still images at those levels on a gopro. I have over 90GB of footage and so it will take a little while to edit but Ive nearly finished the first video already just need to do sound and final editing trims. The comparison footage will be last but I hope to have it withing a week or 2 at most.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom