New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty,
You have the SRP wet red filter fitted on the blurfix filter, right ?
How do you put it on ? with the UV filter screwed and anti fog balls or without ?
Thanks

Yes as Aquapro says you set it up as normal with the clear filter, this acts as the BlurFix and you still need the flat lens for proper focus. Then the curved filter goes over the top of this, I did have a good chuckle when I heard its a curved lens which will make some people scratch their heads a little. :wink:

Here is a little video I made up showing how easy it is to take off and put on the filters underwater both the GoPro dive and Blurfix versions. I did have a little fumble with the GoPro dive one here but it was still only a few seconds to do this, whilst kicking full speed trying to fight the current the rest of the group already gave up on having turned another direction to get out of it.

[video=youtube;JX_oHI7A7hY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX_oHI7A7hY[/video]

Wet filters can have the issue of trapping a few bubbles mostly if you have it on as you go under, this means its best to take the filter off and shake out the bubbles. Same issue with all wet filters even though for the most part I think the strong current kept mine clear of most bubbles during this trip but its good practice as a tiny little bubble can be a nuisance in your video.

Will the filters have a way to tether them? The one issue with wet mounts is always the "ooops" factor.

@ merxlin - Simple answer... Yes! Complex answer.... The ability to tether was incorporated but what you use to tether can be what a diver chooses to use. That said the cover for the filter can be used in or out of the water with the ability to attach it to the diver if desired.

This might be a bit vague but I want to have something to surprise the community when product images become available in the very very near future. :D

Also wanted to mention that AquaPro HD will be at DEMA this year and hope to see everyone!

Will the filters have a way to tether them? The one issue with wet mounts is always the "ooops" factor.

It seems like you could squeeze a lanyard on the gap between the button and the hole cutout for it.

I'm going to Mexio the first week of November. What are the odds of getting one of the slip on red filters for the Gopro in time and has any price range for the device been made public?

Thanks

I know SRP is very concerned about announcing a ship date until they are confident to be able to deliver as promised. With that said, and speaking with the powers to be on a daily basis, I believe that a November date is possible for US customers. Allow additional shipping time for customers outside of the US.

I know SRP is very concerned about announcing a ship date until they are confident to be able to deliver as promised. With that said, and speaking with the powers to be on a daily basis, I believe that a November date is possible for US customers. Allow additional shipping time for customers outside of the US.

How about quit playing I have all the inside scoop and they do not want to say but.......... It will be this.

If the company does not want to set a date say that and do not speculate. That speculation only ticks off people when it does not materialize.

Just my 2 cents.

How about quit playing I have all the inside scoop and they do not want to say but.......... It will be this.

If the company does not want to set a date say that and do not speculate. That speculation only ticks off people when it does not materialize.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll disagree completely. How many times have you heard that a product will be released on a certain date then have that not happen? I'd rather have a tentative date than no idea whatsoever, and I really have no reason to get ticked off if it was a tentative date. Give me a firm date and then I might get ticked. At least with a good guess you can anticipate the release.

I appreciate all the information being put out here for us, none of which they even have to hint at if they do not want to.

Back
Top Bottom