New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are intending on all SRP dealers (who have pre-ordered) to make it available for purchase at the same time as Snake River Prototyping's site. Please see our dealers page for dealers near you.

Fantastic. Can't wait.
Is there any news of where it becomes available first? On SRP's site or retail dealers?

Count me in for two! I've got until mid-Dec, a 2week trip to Turks and Caicos for the holidays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Waiting on one myself. Going to Bonaire in mid November, so hopping timing works out.

So....I feel like I missed something...(when available) where can I buy mine? :D

Soooo. . . can we confirm this will fit the new dive housing for the Hero 3?

@FreeClimbtb - You can purchase your Dome for the HERO2 at AquaProHd.com very soon. You might want to subscribe to our news letter as I will send notices out as soon as we open them for purchase. As well as a little incentive for the SB Members.

@Mantra - The current Dome is for the HERO2 with the GoPro Dive Housing. There is not enough information as to the specs to verify that the dome will work with the HERO3 Housings. We're crossing our fingers that that it does. If not, I know the group over at SRP will be hot on the development for one. Just Guessing, but I bet prior to DEMA.

Hey AquaProHd, what's about shipping to Germany? Too expensive or? At the time i use the Backscatter, but i think the SRP ist much better! :)

The flat port on the Hero3 is much smaller than the current Dive Housing, it seems they were able to get the camera lens much closer to the flat port so they could reduce the rectangle's dimensions without causing vignetting.

I guess it took SRP too long to release their filter. Maybe they were counting that the an upcoming Hero3 wouldn't have a standard flat lens and the current Dive Housing design would be maintained as an optional. I guess it will take some redesign on how it attaches to the rectangular frame.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom