New Restaurant/but blast from the past

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those cozumel veterans who remember crab shack/ island gourmet from the late 90s early 2000s, Tony has returned to the island and started a new restaurant with really good food, which is not surprising for those who knew Crab Shack (which was across Salas from Deep Blue/catacorner to the old La Choza before the fire ). I probably used to eat there after dives every other day— a lot of good memories

New restaurant is Upstairs Resto Bar & Grill Arriba, in the old Sonora Grill location at 15th and Juárez. Had lunch there a couple of days ago, Cajun shrimp were really awesome. Our group went through two orders and considered a third. A lot of shrimp and pasta on the menu. They also have burgers , which I am sure are good since friends used to love them at old restaurant back in the day (and I have never known anyone who forgot how to cook once they truly learned )

Details below

Upstairs Resto Bar & Grill Arriba
Juarez and 15th
Tuesday - Sunday
2pm-Midnight
Live Music
Happy Hour every day 2pm-5pm
Live Sports
Open kitchen concept

I really miss the Sonora Grill and I'm glad someone has taken up that location.

I'm another Sonora Grill regular so knowing exactly where it was makes it easy to try this next trip.

Hell yeah, I knew Tony back in the day !!!! Ask him if he recalls who had the all-time record for his Wednesday all-u-can-eat hot-wings special !!!!
(hint: it was me, at an even one-hundred !! :eek:). I was really beat and hungry after a long day on the boat, and showed up with a jumbo-sized rum & coke, and went to work on those things !! :D There was actually kind of a weekly back-and-forth battle going on between me and another guy ("H"), and Tony finally cut me off at 100, saying that record was sure to stand, and that I'd already eaten him out of any profit,LOL!. I would often stop by on my bike to say hey to Tony and his wife and whoever else, and Tony would be talking to a table of tourists, and look up and holler, "That's the guy right there!!". He actually used to tell his customers about this meat-head instructor up the street (yours truly) that once hogged down a hundred of his red-hot buffalo wings ! I actually had a very peculiar hangover the next day, that I didn't think was from the rum. I think I nearly OD'd on chicken, or hot sauce, or something.
BTW, Tony used to sit in with the local musicians doing Stones covers, and Tony just KILLED IT with his Mick Jagger routine !!! If you've never seen him do it, it's hilarious !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom