New San Diego Diver and ATTN Melbourne Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
Glad to hear it's paying off already!

When you are ready you have a club right here on ScubaBoard, which is more active than most "official" dive clubs out there. We have a very active group of divers in your area that you may want to dive with. It seems like some of them are in the water every day!

Hope to meet you at a SoCal dive!

Christian

Hopefully I will be certified by the next WRINKLES dive!

WELCOME to ScubaBoard Shaxs!!!
Sounds like a great course you're taking.
I was surprised at the course I took, it's true, the civilian courses are too short but I'm sure that most divers today wouldn't be certified if the introductory course was even only a month of intensive training.
I guess that's a trade off that can be dealt with, the low initial investment vs continued training and experience. Surprisingly, we have a very safe sport in spite of the initial training being more of a survey course.
I hope to see your postings often.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction: I really do have to work on modifying this note!!!
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

shaxs:
Hopefully I will be certified by the next WRINKLES dive!
I'm sure we'll have them in Dec and Jan!

You could always roll on up to Laguna Beach to hang out with bunch of divers even before you are certified. There will be some divers that for one reason or another won't be diving that day, but will still be hanging out with everybody.

See you soon!

Christian

If I was you, I won't go diving with those guys, they tried to kill me the last time I went with them, plus I wasn't allowed to eat any of their food.............

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

ShakaZulu:
If I was you, I won't go diving with those guys, they tried to kill me the last time I went with them, plus I wasn't allowed to eat any of their food.............
Don't listen to Shaka.

It was his choice to run after a couple of guys shooting down to 125 feet like rocks after he told them that they were all supposed to drop down to a sandy bottom at 65 feet. :11:

And Shaka... didn't you eat like half the food and then forget to join us for the after dive festivities. :crafty:

You'll like Shaka. If not, you'll still like his "Parade of Avatars"! :D

Christian

Hi Shaxs,

You will love Melbourne. Port Phillip Bay has some of the best temperate water diving in the world. I'm not from the city, so I'm not sure how far Burwood is from Portsea (where most of the charter boats leave from) but I would say 1 - 1 1/2 hour drive, or you could do shore dives at any number of locations around PPB.

Head over to www.diveoz.com.au and check out the info directory for more info on diving in Victoria and PPB.

Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom