New Scuba Repair Facility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girldiverllc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
As many of you know, I started as an independent instructor in 2008 in the area. Through referrals and keen marketing, I was able to grow into a sublet office in south Seattle in 2011. Late that year, I moved into a small store-front in Auburn, with no compressor or inventory, focusing on instruction.

In 2013, we added a compressor system and started to resemble a dive shop. February of this year, we moved to a 1500 sq ft building with 1000 feet of showroom and areas for repair, rental and airfills. We now are a full fledged dive center, offering not only training (our roots) but also airfills, drysuit and regulator repair, hydros and annual visual inspections. We've invested the time and training to assure your gear will be done right the first time.

The need for an outstanding repair center was glaring to us, as we sent out the work (as most shops do) and had to wait 2-3 weeks for the gear to come back. Our customers were not happy. And the costs were high, as we had too many hands in the pot.

Getting the answer "it's in line"...??? Well, while it's in "line"...our customer is out of the water. They seemed to forget it wasn't JUST a drysuit. There was a customer on the other end.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT WE OFFER:

Drysuit Repair - $55/neck seal & $65 wrist seals (incl. standard latex seals) - 3 DAY TURNAROUND...every time. (We also do zipper replacement, boot replacement, etc. Call for pricing...but it's about half of what our nearest drysuit repair facility is charging!!)

Regulator Repair - Labor & Parts total cost:

Regulator service w/octo $105 (3 stages)
Regulator service no octo. $70 (2 stages)
1st Stage ONLY service $35
2nd Stage ONLY service $35
BCD ( Standard Inflator ) $35

TURN AROUND TIME for all services are 3-10 days (depending on parts needed)

We offer quality, guaranteed repairs. One year warranty on anything we've repaired.

Stop in...show us what you've got...and see for yourself - a staff dedicated to getting you back into the water.

Scuba Shoppe - 130 E Main Street, Auburn, WA 98002

Open Tues - Fri 10-6; Saturday 10-4 and closed Sunday and Monday.

Congrats on the growing business and most importantly in understanding your customers needs. Wishing you much success.

Good for you, Cindy! We need a good dry suit repair facility in the Seattle area. Heaven knows we have enough dry suits!

Thanks Lynne! We're focusing this year on growing our continuing education and our repair facility.

We've got a drysuit in for repair, as I write this, needing new boots. Boots take a bit longer (we order these custom) but the 10 day turn around for boots and complete seal replacement was still faster than what the gentleman had last time he simply got a neck seal replaced. Our boot replacement price was 30% less...and for a boot repair, that's a substantial savings. On zipper and boot replacement, we only give an hourly charge for what it SHOULD take us to replace it. Drysuits shouldn't always be considered a throw away item when a zipper goes bad, just because of an astronomical charge.

We've also added a 6 mos. complimentary Tune-Up for all regulators serviced here, so our on-site service tech can check the IP pressure and make any slight adjustments to the regulator prior to your next full service interval.

And we really appreciate the support the local dive community has given to us!

I've been in your shop a few times, a very nice friendly place for sure. Nice to see your doing in house repairs!

Cindy,

Curious what regs you service. Yah, I'm in FL but always willing to help out a shop starting up.

Cindy,

Curious what regs you service. Yah, I'm in FL but always willing to help out a shop starting up.

Hey there!

We service Cressi, Scuba Pro, Aqua Lung, Atomic, Oceanic, Hollis, Apex, Mares and Dacor. however, we'll only service regulators for which the original parts kit is available from the manufacturer. We've recently had people bring in regs which have no parts kits for them...and haven't for years...and they said they had it serviced last year. We do a full rebuild every time...the parts are all in the kit, so I'm not sure why we've seen 'partial rebuilds' come through our door.

I'm one of the owners...not the tech...and I will tell you from my perspective (not knowing it from a repair techs mind...) it seems like a huge liability just waiting if you only use part of the service kit, because some of the pieces 'look' ok.

Anyway, there is a download on our site if you''d like to send your reg in...shipping to Florida takes 3 days, as we mail everything priority.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom