New Scuba Travel Search Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I am fast becoming annoyed by the search ability of travel websites. I am tired of choices being "adventure" or "beach" or "romance" or "skiing." How about a Scuba travel site? I have a specific set of dates that I am available to travel, a general idea of locations (Mexico, Caribbean) and an idea of what I am able to spend. Maybe it could offer the chance to type in type of diving (pass -thrus, critters, large animals, water temperature). I don't honestly care if I end up in February in Honduras, Roatan, Cozumel, or Bonaire, but I want to be able to go there since it fits my current price bracket and gives me the best options.

All such sites, like the ones you mention, are advertiser/subscriber driven.

He who throws down for advertising or engages in a contractual relationship to appear in the search results (same thing) will magically pop-up and be a "great choice".

There's less market for scuba than general travel, so less attention paid to it with sites like that. And no great loss - as said none of these sites provide reliable info anyway. You can't pick your criteria off their lists and trust it's pointing you in the right direction. At best you can look at a number of them and get some ideas that you confirm through other sources. You just have to do your research. At least it's easier on the web than it was before.

the resources I use the most:

Caradonna Dive Adventures
Bay Adventures Dive Adventures
Island Dreams Travel diving trips
Roatan Charter : Honduras and Belize Travel
Belize Vacations
Reef & Rainforest Travel
Ultimate Dive Travel

or from my website: http://www.rnrscuba.net/links.html

If you have more specific destination requests, I would look here on ScubaBoard under the Forum for that destination!

robin:D
Also, check out my website

edit: forgot a couple
www.funjet.com
www.applevacations.com

Last edited:
All such sites, like the ones you mention, are advertiser/subscriber driven.

He who throws down for advertising or engages in a contractual relationship to appear in the search results (same thing) will magically pop-up and be a "great choice".

Very true!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom