new sea life camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mermaid0sea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got the dc1400 couple of months ago but I didn't have enough money at the time to get the whole package. When my tax return gets here I noticed that sealife has started offering the duo light set up on the new sea dragon. Also thinking of getting the fish eye lens. That will be more expensive than getting the package to start with but can I wait on the fish eye lens? I don't think I am going to be a fantastic photographer but I do want to try getting some nice shots. Part of me wants to start over on a whole new set up with a mirrorless camera but since I already have the camera, have used it a couple of times just not sure.

Is the wide angle an absolute must and has anyone tried the new sea dragon lights? It seems pretty reasonably priced for the duo but I am such a newbie when it comes to UW photography and I am a point and shoot type of girl, this set up seems pretty good, but maybe I could grow into something else?

Last edited:
No, the fish eye definitely is not a must have, IMO. I suppose it's personal preference though. I prefer taking shots of critters, and very seldom take wide reef shots.

How about their lighting system as opposed to say like a sea and sea?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

How about their lighting system as opposed to say like a sea and sea?

I don't know if you looked at my post on the new Sea Dragon 2000 or not. Very good light. I am a cave diver. Nothing darker than a cave. I turned my light on when I left the cavern and entered the cave. You will see how it lights up the area. I had the light facing upward away from the lens. This prevents backscatter. The small freshwater shrimp were darting at the bright light. I love this system. Shot not using my wide angel lens. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3IOC3ujwAE

I looked at it. Just waiting for tax return to arrive! LDS had ordered the one with video and strobe. Just waiting to pick it up! I am going to wait on the wide angle/fisheye

Need to keep in mind your typical water conditions. Viz, lighting, etc.

I did my dives. The lights worked great but for some reason i couldn't figure out the settings on the camera. I am gonna keep on working on it. They mostly came out blurry but i tried the fish eye lens. Maybe i did something wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom