New Sea & Sea ys-110a released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The new 110a strobes are a very nice improvement over the orange 110s. One major problem with the old 110s was they were inconsistent when fired fiber optically to a digi cam (more specifically with Canon cameras). The new DS-TTL is much improved from what I have heard so far, and the improved recycle time is much needed (3secs down to 1.9).

Just to clarify for everyone, that time is for FULL dumps only meaning the strobe was shot with as much power as it has to give. This doesn't happen for most shots and the recycle time is pretty much instant when shot with less than a full dump.

Wow, I started this post a while ago. After reading everyone's comments, I decided to bite the bullet and order one to use with my Canon a710. I'll post my results after I get a chance to take it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom