New Southern California Dive Video - Beautiful Kelp Forest!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice! Definite improvement with the lower compression, and not too much of a space tradeoff. See you out there sometime...

(Oh, and got the CD today. Love it. More?)

How did you get an avi file down to 25mb??? I produce my original videos in .avi, and they're always right around 1gig, then, I have to re-render them in .wmv format to come anywhere close to posting on the web. Any hints would be great.

LOVED the video, diving the kelp forests is one of my goals. :)

Morgandy:
How did you get an avi file down to 25mb??? I produce my original videos in .avi, and they're always right around 1gig, then, I have to re-render them in .wmv format to come anywhere close to posting on the web. Any hints would be great.

LOVED the video, diving the kelp forests is one of my goals. :)
AVI is just a container format for any number of codecs. He did use WMP9 as the codec for the video here. If you view the properties of the file, you should be able to see the bitrate and other various options that were used in the creation of the clip.

Thanks...I'll have to play more with all the codecs. For years I've been doing the balancing act of quality vs. size for all the vids I have on the web.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom