Suggestion New Sub-Forum for The Gulf Divers wanted, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
divingHeidi

divingHeidi

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope you can help us. I had started a Thread “any divers in the UAE? ”in the Regional travel and Dive Clubs/ in Africa Middle East / in the Gulf.
Forum :
Now I got many replies and all SBers replying wanted a more active Middle East Group, so I thought that it would be worth it to start a Sub Forum and called it the Gulf-divers.

Can you help me with this and also announce it so other can join in.

Thanks,

Heidi

Ian T:
But there already is one?

As many of you suggested, we will just use the existing Middle East / Gulf-Forum
and make our own Gulf Divers Thread.

See you all in the Gulf Divers Thread.

Heidi

Hi Heidi,

I just want to understand what the purpose of having a separate Gulf Divers forum in the Gulf forum would be.

I note that there is no "Trips and Local Marketplace" in that forum and there should be for maintaining consistency across the various regions of ScubaBoard. This would be a place to plan get togethers and excursions. This would be a place for local shops and boat charters to post and would also be for the promotion of any existing clubs in the area. You can look at our SoCal forum forum that we have under the California Kelp Divers for an example:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

In the main forum, we have sticky threads for helping those visiting from outside the area, for a "roll call" which is a short list containing names of local divers here on ScubaBoard, for putting up new dive reports with a new thread each month and for discussing any local issues that are separate from the actual planning of trips.

You could use the current Gulf forum in this way and our moderators will help you stick the threads at the top of the forums or to facilitate things to help you in that area.

We want to help people in different regions with what they need to further develop their local dive communities.

Feel free to post in this thread or to send me a PM to continue the discussion.

In fact, I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone reading this thread who would like to actively expand the dive community in their local regions to send me a PM, regardless of what region they are in.

Christian

I've just added a "Trips and Local Marketplace... The Gulf" forum as well as a Calendar for your region. I hope people in the region find this helpful.

Christian

I just wanted to remind that I'm MOD responsible for whole Middle East so if I can be of any help just PM me, also with threads that need to be made as sticky ones.
I think that The Gulf forum can easily be Gulf Divers forum - you can and I hope will be using this one as your place....
Mania

headhunter:
I've just added a forum as well as a Calendar for your region. I hope people in the region find this helpful.

Christian

Thanks Christian,

I have seen the added Sub- Forum. Great Stuff
Also th Calendar is great I am sure we wull start using it straigth away.
I had started a Thread yesterday, see http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=152916
can you also put it in "Trips and Local Marketplace... The Gulf"

Heidi

mania:
I just wanted to remind that I'm MOD responsible for whole Middle East so if I can be of any help just PM me, also with threads that need to be made as sticky ones.
I think that The Gulf forum can easily be Gulf Divers forum - you can and I hope will be using this one as your place....
Mania

Hi Mania,

Thanks for your Help, I will send you a PM,

Heidi

Ok... are we talking the Gulf of Mexico?

And Ian T... 27C is NOT cold... it's 80.6F. TOASTY. The formula to convert C to F is Cx9/5+32=F
27x9=243
243/5=48.6
+32=80.6F

Cool by tropical standards but hardly cold by any stretch of the imagination.

and included in the above message should be:
Nope, people are talking about the Persian Gulf

Back
Top Bottom