New suit... seals - input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikey0929

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just ordered 2 new FLX Extreme's for my wife and I.

My wife's is going to be all Latex seals and at this point, mine was ordered with Latex wrist and Neoprene neck seals.

I'm wondering a few things.....

1. I'm debating switching mine to latex neck....
2. Should I go with zip seals for everything with the latex
3. if I stay with the neoprene, is it a big job to swap it out for zip seals when the silicone becomes available. If so, is it expensive....

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

Congratulations on becoming new DOGs!!

Thank you for your inquiry.

To answer your questions...typically, folks choose neoprene over latex if they have a latex allergy. Latex seals tend to seal a little better than neoprene seals. However, some find neoprene seals to be more comfortable. You'll always find arguments for both sides :)!

I would definitely suggest zipseals for all your latex seal options. Zipseals allow for quick and easy field replaceable seals. You won't have to miss a dive or sit on the boat deck of that charter you just paid $100+ to go on!

It is not difficult to switch a neoprene neck to the zipseal system later on once the silicone seals become available. It is actually the same process/cost if we have to retrofit a suit that has neoprene seals or standard latex seals.

Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thanks!

Jessica
DUI

Love my DUI. There is a very good video on youtube about changing out zips. I have not done it yet but will be soon ordering the full glove. So, I guess I will be learning to do it shortly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom