New to DFW...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeathL17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm new to DFW area - just moved down about a month ago. I dove quite a bit up North where I am from, and feel pretty fortunate there is a dive spot close to me - Clear Springs.

I'm thinking of heading out to CSSP next Saturday (June 5th) to get in a few dives. I'm looking to connect with a few folks who may be out there that day who wouldn't mind/need a dive buddy.

Also - Is there a better place to connect with folks heading that way?

Finally, I've talked with the folks at ScubaToys - sounds like there are quite a few dive clubs here in DFW - any information or recommendations there?

Thanks!
Heath

Welcome to the SWAMP.

Unfortunately I will not be out there that weekend, or I would meet up with you. You should have someone from the board here that will be happy to meet up with you. Usually meeting up at CSSP is best.

Happy and Safe Diving!!

I wont be there this weekend either....where are you in DFW....I am in Burleson and teach through Burleson scuba... we go to CSSP many weekends... We are going to Blue Lagoon the 12 and 13th
IM me if you want to hook up to dive

Changed my mind - looks like I am going to try and make it down for the get together @ CSSP next Sunday - hopefully meet some new diving friends!

Welcome to Texas Swamp Diving HeathL17!

I'm sure you'll be a "Swamper" come Sunday, a rare and prestigious honor, and we look forward to indoctrinating you :eyebrow:

For dive sites, check out this website created by a fellow swamper: TexasDiveSites.com

For dive conditions, check out http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas-swamp-divers/262057-dive-condition-reports.html

r/g Aquarena Springs (Spring Lake), great diving w/ some restrictions: you can take a scuba class with an LDS, limited to a small training area only, or go through the Diving for Science program and become a volunteer, where you will have the opportunity to help w/ underwater tasks at designated areas in the lake... very cool I'll add.:cool2:

Anyhow, have fun, safe diving, and welcome to Texas!:D

Hi There,

I'm a relatively new diver in Keller, looking for buddies to dive CSSP and/or Athens. I did a class at Athens last weekend and had a pretty good time. Thinking of heading there again this weekend since I met a few folks that seem to be regulars and don't mind extra divers. But....I want to try CSSP as well. Let me know if you are going to be at either park in the next handful of weekends. I have night dives to finish up a night diver cert at CSSP on 6/26, so I'll be there for the weekend.

Tina

I'll probably get to CSSP tomorrow or Sunday.... Tomorrow works better for me.... Anyone else going?

I'll probably get to CSSP tomorrow or Sunday.... Tomorrow works better for me.... Anyone else going?

Have you gotten wet yet w/ a Swamp Diver?

My personal apologies to the two new divers in this thread, Heath and Libra. I have been off the board for a while. I don't know why. I have just been busy, I guess.

Anywho, I know this is late notice (late Friday, Jun 18); but I am half way contemplating heading out to CSSP tomorrow. I know this is late notice so I don't really expect anything to coordinate. Anywho, I usually travel to CSSP quite often, and increasingly so, to Athens. I would be happy to pick up a few new divers.

Welcome to the Swamp!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom