New to MD, looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings, everyone!

I just moved to Frederick, MD from Oahu, Hawaii. Next weekend I will be shaking out my dive gear for the first time in cold water at Dutch Springs with the DNY crew, but after that I'd like to find diving that's significantly closer to myself. I've got a lead on a few sites (Rawlings, Hyde's Quarry) but have no dives buddies.

A little about me: started diving as a Warm Water Wuss, but have done some cold water stuff (Lake Travis, Tx; Monterey, Ca). I've attained a GUE Fundamentals Rec Pass, including using a drysuit and doubles but I'm honestly a big dive slut who just likes getting wet :wink:. I'm looking forward to checking out the diving in Ocean City but I'm going to wait a month or two to a) get used to diving in cold-water gear and b) wait for the conditions to be consistenly good so I don't have to make a 6-hour round trip for nothing.

Would love to meet up with folks and go have some fun!

Peace,
Greg

Hey Greg, Me and a couple guys are going to Hydes on Sunday if your intersted. I"ll do some local quarry diving until I get my boat down to the beach. Keith 443 324 8242

Hey Greg, Me and a couple guys are going to Hydes on Sunday if your intersted. I"ll do some local quarry diving until I get my boat down to the beach. Keith 443 324 8242

Unfortunately my equipment won't be ready by then. My new drysuit undies are en route, I still need to install new seals, drygloves, and leak-test my suit. Appreciate it, though.

Peace,
Greg

dude,were you bad in a former life?????

oahu-frederick
hmmm....

IMO I wasn't bad enough. If I was bad enough, I would have gone to Germany :wink:

Peace,
Greg

Dutch is probably the best of the 'local' diving.

I've been to hydes once...once. I went late last December figuring not too many folks would have been in and not kicked up. Pea soup below 20ft. I may as well have blacked out my mask. Highlight of the dive was I moved the toilet.

Bainbridge isn't bad, but they keep raising the prices!

I'll send you a PM when we're going out somewhere!

Chris

Yaeger-so true what an awful move!

Greg- I'm not so sure that I'm ready for this either,all I wear is cold weather hunting gear for undies. It will most likely be short dives. Hopefully it wont be long for the Atlantic to warm up. I cant wait for the spearfishing/wreck diving.

Due to the economies effect, I have some spots on saturdays starting in july aboard the o.c.diver if your interested. 100fsw or less and rec oriented.
Eric

Check out local dive clubs such as The Atlantis Rangers' Home Page and get friendly with Terry and Judy Brady at the Brass Anchor dive shop in Frederick

Terry and Judy are taking care of my tanks for me right now, they also had some stuff I needed (hardware, mouthpieces, and a cheap hood). Good people!

Dutch is probably the best of the 'local' diving.

I'll send you a PM when we're going out somewhere!

Chris

Thanks, Chris!

Due to the economies effect, I have some spots on saturdays starting in july aboard the o.c.diver if your interested. 100fsw or less and rec oriented.
Eric

Thanks, Eric. I will keep it in mind.

Yaeger-so true what an awful move!

Greg- I'm not so sure that I'm ready for this either,all I wear is cold weather hunting gear for undies. It will most likely be short dives. Hopefully it wont be long for the Atlantic to warm up. I cant wait for the spearfishing/wreck diving.

Blame da gubbernment :shakehead:

Ya, the first coupla dives are going to be met with some trepidation as I am a major cold weenie. I'm seriously hoping my new Pinnacle Undies are going to be enough for me.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom