New to SCUBA and I have a problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the 'board and the water!!!

Glad to know you get to go further into debt as you enjoy your new found addiction:D

Please fee free to drop on down to your local forum and join in our fun here:

SoCal - ScubaBoard

Did you look at
'bioseals'?

I don't know what they're made of, but it doesn't look like regular latex or neoprene and sounds better than saran wrap :)

This may be an overly simplistic suggestion -- have you tried calling DAN and talking with the dive docs? You can't be the first person with this issue and they may have some great ideas to share.

The possibilities of a severe attack underwater would concern me. I assume your dive buddies are aware of your issue. If not, I'd suggest filling them in so if something gets wonky while you are under they are clued in more quickly and can react more quickly.

Good luck!

Here's the latest update from the new guy;
Got into the demo DUI TLS350 weekend before last (thanks Michael @ DUI!!!:cool3:). Did a check-out on Saturday in the pool, two tanks at the Marine Room on Sunday, and two tanks at the Shores on Monday to get my O.W. signed-off :luxhello: No reaction to the latex seals:banana:

Last weekend I hit the tent sale at Sport Chalet and signed-up for a grip of specialties, some lights, a cool Anoka bag, AND A WHOPPER OF A DISCOUNT ON A DUI TLS350! Should be here in 3 weeks and I'm on my way.

Specific relpies:
Betty- the DAN medics were familiar with my condition, but couldn't really offer any help.
Kade- the nylon rash guard did little or no good. Even the following day without the wetsuit, the pool water itself attacked me:shocked2:
ptyx- thanks for the link, I'm checking it out...
dwaters- thanks for the link also, I'll be "on Board" soon
song- I have alerted my dive buddies and will continue to do so. I don't expect any further issues with the latex though.

All - Thanks again! See you in the water...

cool...this helped...as i am also allergic to Latex.(..

Back
Top Bottom