New to Spearguns, PLEASE HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many different kinds of spearguns for different uses and they all have different pricetags. I would say where and what are you planning to shoot? More info will help us tell you what might be best. Also, I'm assuming you are spearing on scuba.

There are some good books and DVDs out there that will teach you how to hunt safely. You don't want to watch that new speargun go over the side when you hand it up loaded. Checkout spearboard for lots of good info. The gun depends on what you are shooting, visibility, bottom fishing, blue water etc.

does anyone just make like a package with a gun and everything you need? also, how do you travel with a speargun? i usually ship my gear in a scubapro porter bag to florida and still have leftover room, could i put the speargun in a bag with the tips to protect my other gear, and just set it on top of my other gear?

Make sure you get a fishing license and know what fish are allowed to be taken, when and where. And I'm pretty sure you won't be getting Tuna or Mahi off a reef in FL since they're more blue water fish. Shoot the lion fish. They're all over.

Back
Top Bottom