New to the boards, SD diver here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bl|nk

Registered
Reaction score
I know SD isn't listed in the region description but come on, we're midwest to :)

I'm a Padi AOW Diver at the moment. Certified through a Padi LDS in Bismarck ND (Scuba One), Our diving consisted of Drift Dives and lakes dives on Saskawea(sp?) In the plans are for me to attend Pro Dive in January 2005, I spoke to them a bit and basically commited to January when they list the 2005 dates. I'll be going through Master Scuba Instructor training and possibly their Resort Operations classes also.

I moved to Mitchell earlier this summer in which i'm now learning the places to dive and am now on a mission to get all the diving in I can before I leave for Pro Dive. I just sold my Reg, BC & Computer to upgrade to some higher end stuff so I want to make sure I'm completely comfortable in the new gear before I take off for Florida. One of my big feelings is that to dive well one must be comfortable, If you're not comfortable you'll have anxiety which causes you not to paying as much attention to the items that require your attention which can lead to an unsafe situation. If only I could make sense :)

Sorry to ramble :)

-Eric.

Hmmm...Mitchell....There is a lake there but I have never actually dove in it. There is some diving at Pierre that can be good but the water level on Oahe is down 40 ft and the viz has been pretty poor all year.

If you get out west to God's country, (Pactola Lake near Rapid City) let me know. I am usually on the boat every weekend and we would be happy to take you diving. The pine pollen from mid June is slowly filtering through the water column so the viz is currently about 20 ft at the surface, varies from 5-15 ft from 35 ft to 70 ft and is 20-30 plus feet below 70 ft. Water temp is 67-64 at the surface to about 35 ft and is about 44 below 70-80 ft so bring a 7mm wetsuit or a dry suit.

Right on! Thanks for the offer, I might just have to take you up on that one :) My friends have a cabin outside of Deadwood that I have free run to stay at.

I purchased a Dry Suit shortly after my first drift dive up in North Dakota. Now diving is much more comfortable :)

I recall a Dive shop in Rapid that I've stopped at before when I was attending BHSU for college, just can't think of what it's called.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom