New french diver here !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi and welcome!

Nice to see some more French on the board!

You mind me asking where abouts you are currently?
I wish there were more diving lakes and quarries around here (Aude) I miss being able to head to a lake like Vobster quay for the day back in the UK.
My only real quick options now are heading to the Font Estramar or joining a group on a boat trip in the Med where I might be lucky to get 2 dives in and see a couple fish as the Med is pretty much Dead....

Anyway if you do want to get into Cave diving there are plenty of opportunities around, the Lot obviously as someone pointed out above, and a fair few around Spain too (Pozo Azul is one of my favourites)

So Bienvenue!

Amicalement,
Narked_Muffin

Hey !
I am near La Rochelle, and the quarry I dive in is named Saint Lin.
It is a great place for training, cold, but great :)
I have passing my Level 2 and I plan to do a initiation for cave diving at the end of the year (november maybe) in Lot.
Let me pass my Level 2 and 3 and we will go to the Red Sea together ! :yeahbaby:

I strongly disagree on that point.
Nice to know! I guess I'm just unlucky with what's on my doorstep, other than a few "secret" spots I know further down the coast into spain, most of where I've been is pretty boring in the way of sealife... We've got quite a few wrecks at least!
I am near La Rochelle, and the quarry I dive in is named Saint Lin.
If I'm ever around that area I'll definitely have to give it a visit!

Let me pass my Level 2 and 3 and we will go to the Red Sea together ! :yeahbaby:
I would like to go to the red sea again! Did a liveaboard back in 2014 but got struck with severely bad weather so some of the dives were canceled...

I am heading to Giens in April with my diving club, we we went there last year, it was nice !

So you'll have access to the best spots I've dived on the French Mediterranean coast.

Hey,

I am going with my diving club to Giens, did it last year, same time in the year, and it was OK, great visibility.
I did Hendaye in May, it was not the same, rough sea :D
Which dive center did you use in Giens ? A nice place to dive indeed.

Hendaye or anywhere in the Atlantic is always rough one way or another (cold, dark, waves, wind, current : have your pick or take them all at once). It's complicated very often, but I do love it.

It’s called Espace Mer, very nice 👌
Know it. Nice indeed, but too big and too crowdy during summer for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom