New tourist tax structure in effect 7-1-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had anyone been able to pay this online? It keeps rejecting my cards and I've checked with the bank, they have not seen any attempt to charge me.
How bad are the lines at the counter

I sent an email waiting on a response - have heard that paying when you get there does take time.
We are experiencing the same problem. The website will not accept any of our credit cards and we have informed them of coming international charges. The problem must be on the tourism site.

We are experiencing the same problem. The website will not accept any of our credit cards and we have informed them of coming international charges. The problem must be on the tourism site.
Here is the response I just received: Hope this helps.

Noted, thanks for your tip, I will pass it on to the technical team so they can report it on the website.( I told them you cannot pay the tax if you are more than 7 days out)

As for the Credit card, we are working on the issue with the credit cards that don’t go through.

If you do not succeed to make the payment online, you will have to fill in the form and choose to pay at kiosk then you will not have to stand in line just show your QR-code and pay at the kiosk there will be enough personnel to guide you.

We wish you safe travels to Bonaire.

Customer Support
-----------------------------------------
Tel:+599 9 664-4036
Tel:+599 9 664-1631
E-Mail: taxsupport@bonairevisitortax.com

Thanks for the replies, didn't think it was just me. We are going to try to call some one tomorrow we are headed there on wednesday

Same happened to us for our trip in on Saturday. Tried both a visa and debit card with the online payment system. My banks CC fraud prevention line said no failed charges were making it through or being rejected on their end. I did fill out the traveler info online and got the email w/ confirmation number to keep from having to fill out in person.

When we got off the plane, everyone on our flight from Houston was funneled through 2 - 4 lines going through an outside checkpoint. After standing in one of the lines for a couple minutes, I asked if this was the line to pay tourist tax and was redirected to a small building on the left most section of the entry point. Inside there were 4 stations taking payments. Everyone going into that building had complained that no online payments had been accepted. The lady that took my payment mentioned that something was apparently broken with the online payment system. I used the same Visa card in person with no issues. After leaving out the back side of the payment building, I got into another line to go through customs / passport check.

My party of 3 were at the back of the full 737 from IAH, so nearly the entire plane deboarded before us. However, the payment and customs process went smoothly and quicker than customs / entry to Cozumel.

Now for the Avis rental… My wife waited for our checked luggage while I made straint line for Avis. There were two customers at the counter and one other in line in front of me at Avis. For no apparent reason, It took longer to get the rental than to pay the tourist tax and go through customs. Lots of Avis employees wandering around behind the counter but no more than one or two employees at times actually attending to customers.

Is the tax checked at the passport counter for those who are paid in advance, or do they not even look? It doesn’t mention how this is enforced at all, asking so I’m not stuck behind all the non-paid clueless folks.

They are still dealing with CC issues and offered this highly technical fix, which probably doesn’t work.

“We are aware of this issue and are working on it.

Maybe you can try this tip: do not use the autofill and enter all your information manually.

If you do not succeed to make the payment online, our advice for now to you is to choose to pay at the kiosk.

The system will produce a QR Code which you can use to pay at the kiosk.”

We got off the plane they lined us up. I told some one we were not able to pay on line. They sent me into the payment shack they scanned one of my print outs and charged my card. Meet the rest of the family on the other side. May have jumped ahead a bit in the process, overall very quick no real added hassle.

Back
Top Bottom