New TV Scuba Show- Tank'd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am realistic not negative at all, and wish you lots of luck! Mares sponsored the one on the travel channel in the 1990s! I liked it! I watched it, but Samantha Brown is still on and the SCUBA show is gone! As far as the others, they had heroes like Steve Irwin and people tuned in for him as much if not than the animals! Same with Cousteau, they related to the guy on the camera and his sons! Same as Mike Nelson, hero under the water! The TV game is a game of numbers and you have to appeal to a certain demographic! There are a number of dive related shows on Discovery, History, and the like! I could watch, as most of you here could, dive shows all day! The non-diver is the key! They have the numbers! They have the power! We need another Steve Irwin and some drama! Cousteau's drama if you look now is corny, but the underwater world was just opening and people ate it up! I hope, and will watch with interest, that it goes well!

...We have 13 episodes for season one. You can find out more about the show and us at 7 Seas Productions • Seattle, WA - Producers of TANK'D
Chris Malone
Hi Chris,
All kidding aside.. Glad to have your show around and I like the approach. I agree that having people in the show as opposed to just fish and coral would have wider appeal. Looking forward to seeing some of the locales.
Does your diving population in the shows mirror the actual real demographic of divers or a particular target audience?
Thanks!

Ok, but are there any diving monkeys? Frankly, I've got no time for the show unless there are promises, even empty promises, of diving monkeys.

Tank'd producer:
Well hello everyone - seems to be a lot of thoughts about Tank'd.

Just a warning, there are a lot of thoughts about a lot of things around here, put them all together and you might just get one that's almost lucid.

Tank'd producer:
Oh and yes advertisers will pay if it attracts the masses. We want Tank'd to be a main stream pop culture show - only on PBS. Think American Chopper only no arguments, not choppers and it's underwater

Pop culture......... main stream............... PBS?? :confused:

:D Just kidding.

Tank'd producer:
No we did not place an ad for a host, we are the creators and co-hosts.

So who the heck was that, I wonder. Apparently you have some unknown competition out there who is trolling internet message boards for talent. Be afraid, be very afraid! :D

No, but seriously good luck. I hope it works out for you guys.

Non-divers WILL watch shows about diving IF they don't focus on the technical or instructional aspects as much and focus on the experience of being underwater and the interesting marine life divers see there.
Of course there needs to be a good marketing approach to make non-divers aware of the show's availability.

+1

Also, in the intro they mentioned that it would focus on experiences above and below the water. In my opinion, that is the key. If you get a few different aspect to it without cornering yourself into one then you appeal to a much larger audience. If you can appeal to the divers, ecologists, nature-lovers, divers, travelers, wildlife fans, and divers you can amass a large enough base to draw many different viewers. Plus, there is always the X-factor. Heck, look at the success of the Antiques Road Show for proof of this.

And if it doesn't work out, you got a heck of a lot of diving out of it anyway. :eyebrow:

We have a arms wide open approach to just about everything concerning the show. We really want to add energy and enthusiasm to the industry, and that probably means we need to attract younger people to diving. The advertisers are really looking for the 18 - 49 demographic. You see everyone - white, black, male, female, singles, families from 5 - 75, but it's delivered in a hip, faster cut format with new music - no underwater symphony music.
You will also get a taste of the local culture and see those faces as well.
What we really want is to show that diving lifestyle. We're selling adventure and excitement and that works on everyone.
Our main goal is to get more people in the water so more people care about the water.

This should be a great show, Rick Stratton introduced me to both of the hosts at the DEMA awards party last year and they both impressed me so much that I offered to help them out in anyway they might need it.

Lets all show great support for this show, it's truly amazing.

Our main goal is to get more people in the water so more people care about the water.

Hi. In your website I've found the "Season one Dive map". It raises two question to me:

1. There will be a season two?
2. In this possible season two ... there will be Mediterranean/Red Sea sites?

And ... do you have plans to export the show to Europe/Italy? In Italy we have two-three TV programs showing dives, but all within the more general framework "sea and whatever is related to" (including fishing and cooking sea-food), except for a good show IMHO, "Abissi" (see here the website) with a couple of good freedivers (Alessandro Rignani Lolli and Marina Kazankova) and a known scuba-photographer (Andrea Ghisotti) in the team.

Thank you, and good luck.

Ciao,
A.

This looks like a great show! I wish you all the luck with it.

Please keep us posted on broadcast times and dates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom