New Whites Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USNMARS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So a little background first. It is starting to get a bit chilly in the North East and getting to be Drysuit season. I pulled out my trusty Viking the other day and put new seals on it and it has definitely seen better days. The thing seemed to be composed primarily of patches, but still got the job done and stayed dry. I went to my LDS Monday to pick up some tanks that I had ordered to put together another set of doubles and he had a couple of Whites Fusion Bullet drysuits on the rack. Now I am a big guy, not fat but "fluffy" as I say, at 6'2 250. Finding good fitting gear locally seems to be impossible when you are a big guy. The owner of the LDS said that some customers ordered the full setups and when they came in they cancelled, if I was interested he would make me an awesome deal. Looking on the rack they seemed small because of the skin. I swore there was no way my "fluffy" self would ever fit in one. So I decided what the heck, lets see if the 2x fits. He hands me the Thermal Fusion undergarment and I put it on, and then helps me into the suit. WOW! it fit! and really comfortably too! once in, with the undergarment, I was able to zip myself up and have an amazing range of motion. It almost feels like the suit isn't even there, i could do anything. We talked price and I ended up getting the bullet suit with the oval rings and silicone seals, thermal fusion undergarment and evo boots for less than what a stock bullet alone goes for. I bought the suit and it came off easily, then I got to the undergarment. It seems to glue itself to you when you are sweating. But I got it off and drove home, the new owner of a Whites Fusion.

Yesterday I was at a friends house that is a commercial diver about my size, just a hair smaller and we were talking diving and I showed him my new suit. He said he actually uses a bullet for light commercial diving in rivers doing dam inspections. It has held up awesome and he abuses his suit. His words were " this suit has been through hell and back, i beat the heck out of it. It takes everything I throw at it and it still looks like the day I bought it." He then gave me some hints on literally sliding into the suit. First dive skins are your friend. He hands me 2 Lycra dive skins and says to put one skin on under the undergarment, this helps the undergarment from "gluing" itself to you when you sweat, so I did. Then put the undergarment on. Once the undergarment was on and the neoprene socks were on he hands me the other dive skin, huh really? but what the heck this guy dives for a living so I will trust him and give it a try. The second dive skin slid right over the thermal fusion easily and wasn't tight at all. Then put the Lycra skin socks over the neoprene boots to complete the ensemble. I then attempt to put the drysuit on with a dive skin over the undergarment and WOW! almost no tugging at all, the suit literally slid on compared to just putting the drysuit on over the undergarment. In less than a minute I was standing there closing the zipper of the drysuit. I am shocked! I have never ever had a drysuit go on that easy.

I then go to remove everything and just like putting it on, it slid off. I like this! I had the suit off in no time and was sitting there in his barn sweating and he hands me a new pee valve. OH GOD! I am going to intentionally put a hole in my brand new drysuit! I cant do this eek.gif..... So he did it for me and now my fusion has pee valve installed. I am going diving this morning and will report back on how it dove, but first impressions are amazing, I LOVE THIS DRYSUIT! If you are a "fluffy" character like me and find it hard to find good fitting gear, I cant recommend the Whites Fusion enough so far. It feels like I had a custom made suit, for once something that fits like it was made for me.

This is one of the biggest selling points for the Fusion! Whether it's a "fluffy" big guy like you, or a hobbit diver like me, there's an off-the-rack solution for dry suit fit.

I'm going to have to think about this skin-over-undergarment concept. You don't think the Lycra compresses the TF too much, and reduces its warmth?

Have you dove with this setup yet? How was it?

I like the idea of a lycra dive skin over the undies for ease of donning and doffing the Fusion. I'm thinking maybe a cheap lycra skin a size or two larger than I would normally wear. I wear a wicking layer (Patagonia Capelene) as a base so I wouldn't need lycra under the undies.

Somebody try this and let us know how it dives.

Welcome to the whites family. :) love mine here in Seattle

Sent from the deep blue sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom