New Whites Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TechDeep

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got my new Whites Fusion, tech skin and Fusion undergarment. The fit is great! Got it from Dive Right In Scuba. The attention Mike gives is excellent. They installed the Si-tech replaceable wrist seals and Neck Tite system. From what I can tell, they did a great job, everything looks great. Now I'm not cold natured, so I think the Fusion undergarment may actually be a little too warm for me once the water temp gets much above the mid 60's, but I'll probably really like it in anything colder.

Can't wait to get it wet!

I'm a huge fan of the neck ring system. It really is as easy as they say it is to change out a seal. Keep a spare with you and you will never miss a dive for a torn seal!

Silicon seals don't work worth a darn if you are a small, slender person.

Others love 'em to death!

Yeah, I tried the silicone, and it was soft and friendly as advertised, but too big for me.

Oh, and btw, I totally agree with you about Mike at DRIS. Customer service supreme!

Reactions: Jax
Silicon seals don't work worth a darn if you are a small, slender person.

Others love 'em to death!

Looks like I'm a candidate for silicone! Mike actually recommended that I wait, because he said they are always improving the silicone seals. all I know is I need to try this thing out. It's so comfortable, and the mobility seems great, even with the Fusion undies on.

They ARE comfortable, and the mobility is wonderful. But the very best feature of the Fusion is its indestructability. Four years, over 400 dives, two pinhole leaks. Not a bad record for a dry suit!

I have a Whites Fusion with the SLT system (removable silicone neck & wrist seals). The neck seal is just perfect for me. I didn't even have to cut it. The wrist seals maybe an entirely different matter. Luckily, I wear dry gloves so it hasn't been an issue for me. However, looking at the fit of my wrist seals, I do believe that they would leak if I used a standard neoprene wetsuit gloves. Perhaps they might hold. I raised my arm upwards to allow air to flow into my dry glove but air did not break the seal (I wasn't using a small air bypass tube or had my undergarment thumb loop under the seal). If Si-Tech introduces smaller diameter silicone wrist seals, I might install them as added security. I would rather deal with a flooded glove instead of a flooded suit.

Coming from a Pinnacle Evolution 2, I can not believe the amount of mobility that this suit offers. Also, it vents unbelievably fast, far quicker than then Pinnacle Evolution 2. I have both the Tech and Sport skin but so far I don't see any reason to switch to the Tech skin. I have one question though. What is the best method to dry the suit? Should I separate the outer skin from the waterproof membrane?

With the tech & sport skins, I leave them together, throw into a tub, rinse inside & out, leave to soak awhile, hang to dry the outer skin, some time later turn inside out & dry the inner core. As I'v had a set of seals turn to sludge, I baby them now. After everything is dry, I wash them with warm soapy water, then rinse with warm fresh water, dry, apply seal saver.

The sport skin dry's quite fast just hanging over a rail, the tech skin quite a bit longer.

As I'v had some of the velcro come adrift on the core, I rarely remove the skin anymore.

Apart from that, I'v not had so much as a pin hole in the last 4 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom