New wreck discovered in Lake Michigan - 300ft deep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeckyKagan

Contributor
Reaction score
This is footage we shot on the first dive on the Alice E. Wilds wreck in over 300ft in Lake Michigan. The dive was done June 16, 2015 off the coast of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I was excited to be invited to be a part of the team and be one the divers to see this new wreck. The Alice Wilds was a wooden propeller steamship that sank 133 years ago in a collision with another ship in a dense fog. It's in very good condition, sitting upright on the bottom. Discovered by Jitka Hanakova and Dave Sutton. The dive team was myself (Becky Schott, Jitka Hanakova and Erik Foreman). We used Megalodon rebreathers, mixed gases and spent about 2.5 hours in the 37F / 2.7C water.

Enjoy the footage.
Becky Kagan Schott

https://vimeo.com/132620966

Wow cool video. You got a lot of good footage for one dive. Possibly you should cut out the part where the diver smacks the wooden wheel as he swims over it with his regulator.

Wow cool video. You got a lot of good footage for one dive. Possibly you should cut out the part where the diver smacks the wooden wheel as he swims over it with his regulator.

Thanks, we got enough footage. That was the goal of the dive. We had 2 cameras and only about 23min on the bottom so there was a bit cut out too. I also managed to shoot a few stills =) Hum...you're right I should cut that out.

Thanks, we got enough footage. That was the goal of the dive. We had 2 cameras and only about 23min on the bottom so there was a bit cut out too. I also managed to shoot a few stills =) Hum...you're right I should cut that out.

I wouldn't worry about it. It wasn't much of a smack.

What did you use to shoot this with?

Awesome!!!!![emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom