"New" Wreck in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleBubbles

Registered
Reaction score
I have been made aware of a fairly new wreck to dive in Bonaire called "Our Confidence" near the marina down from Captain Don's. The wreck went down in August of 2003. Any on here dove the wreck, and how is it? We are heading back there for a week on July 3rd. If I could only find a way to stay there forever!

If you are talking about the one just south of Eden Beach, it's at about 50ft near the entrance to the marina. I did not dive it as it was usually downcurrent from the exit point and not in range until the latter part of our odark thirty. A few I talked to that did said it's just a boat with not much to see. Time may change that, but I prefer to go to Karpata and see the turtles. If you do it, check the current first or you may have a long walk back.

If you wanna stay there forever, get to the back of the line. I've been in this line for about 18 months and I'm coming closer to being next up. :)

Jep, it looks like this line is about 10 years long but I think I can see you about 12 months behind me. :wink:

I don't think I am going to live there the rest of my life, but I am going to go for atleast a year and see what happens from there....

The question is, do I move down there with someone who has similar interests in just being a Scuba diving bum for a year or so, ugh...I've been over this soo many times in my head...not worth agonizing over it now.

Does anyone have a link to info on this wreck?

Also what's the update on Bonaire talk going out of business. I heard Jake is moving off the island. Is this true?

Don't know about the wreck but I can fill you in on Jake. He IS NOT leaving the island and the Bonaire talk board IS NOT going out of business. What is happening is that Jake is moving from his rented house (the owner wants it back, not sure why) to a new house he is building. The web cams (street/beach/UW) are located at the rental house and they ARE very likely going off the air. Jake has been trying to get a resort or the Bonaire tourist board to pick them up but the last I heard, no one had. This is coming directly from Jake via the BT board. For anyone who does not know Jake and Linda are the owners/operators of the Bonaire Web cams and the Bonaire Talk board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom