New Year's Day Dive - 2006 !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im bringing out some ground venison and some venison sausage. Does anyone need me to stop and get buns? Also what about fixens for the burgers and dogs, ketchup, mayo, mustard, etc.? Let me know what else I need to bring out there so that I come prepared. Happy New Year to everyone and be safe out there tonight.

Kyle

I will be bringing
Large bag of charcoal
Hot dogs
Buns
Cups/Spoons
Regina, my wife is making up a batch of 'nanner puddin'. Us southern folk just can't have a cookout without 'nanner puddin'

Looking foward to seeing everyone there.

Mike,
What size wetsuit do you need. I have a 5mm Bare XL Short that you can use if you would like. It seals pretty good. I dove it up a Lanier about 4 weeks ago with no problems, and was good for about 30 minutes with no problems. You will need a hood though.

Allen.

AN XL should be fine. I'll through the triweight under it with a hood and booties.

Thanks!

Mike

What a GREAT New Year's Day!!!
We had 9 Looney Birds make the dive yesterday.

The weather didn't turn out as we were expecting. We had hoped for 60 degrees and partly cloudy, but the majority of the day the air temp was around 50 degrees with a solid overcast at about 2500'.

The water temp was 47 degrees F at the surface and 46 degrees at 80 feet.

The overcast coupled with the low angle of the sun made the dive pretty much a night dive below 40 feet. The visibility ranged from about 6 to 10 feet.

Our attempts to mark some sites were 66% effective. The remaining 34% loss was due to the fact that I didn't secure the anchor line to one of the buoys as good as I should have. (Anything to go back out and do it again!!!)

Those Looney Birds diving Sunday were (in no particular order):

Glen and Jason - from the Echeconnee Leech Divers chapter of the Lake Lanier Looney Birds

ScubaPT - from the Snellville Snot Divers chapter

M7Scuba - from the Athens Bullpup Dog House chapter

Kpreid, mikerault, the Kraken - from the Woodstock Warm Water Wussie chapter

No Fish - from the Norcross Nerdy Divers Chapter

and a special guest, Sean F. from Stouffville, Ontario Stuffed Trout Chapter, Ltd.

After the dive we had a great cookout. Everyone brought a little something and it was shared by all.

We really want to express our thanks to the Lake Lanier Looney Bird Surface Support Team for being there and making sure we had a great New Year's Day dive.

The Surface Support Team was represented by the following (in no particular order):

Regina, Heather, Becky, Susan and Linda. . . . and M7Scuba's special little seahorse, JoJo!

So, as is said in the good old traditional expression of the south:

"There was good diving, good food, good fellowship, and a good time was had by all" (*** this enjoyment is not generally included in the traditional saying)

Happy New Year, Everyone !!!

Safe dives . . . . . . . .
. . . and safer ascents

the K

Hope I didn't leave anyone out . . .

I want to say thanks to everyone who came out and helped make the new year start off great. I had a great time meeting new people and the cookout was awsome. Got to learn some new stuff yesterday, like double check K's knots on the milk jugs he gives you to deploy for site markers:D , I still love you K. I want to say thanks to no fish for all the helpfull info and the new christmas present he gave me yesterday for my backup reg. Im up for a get together like that again anytime, so we need to do it again soon. Happy New Year everyone.

Kyle

I had a really great time as well. Although I cought a cold and didn't get to dive with you all I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Esp. all the lovely ladies. It was a pleasure meeting everyones "better" half.
Thanks again to everyone that came out.

Since I didn't get to dive I need volunteers to come out and let me get a Jan. dive in as soon as I'm out of the woods with this cold.

Again Thanks,
Jeremy

Oops !!!! Left out ANGIE in the ground support troops . . .

My sincerest apologies, Miss Angie!

All I need is a couple of days notice, Jer !!!

the K

I had a great time too and was pleased to meet some new folks. So much for the mapping project, but Rome was not built in a day. I will post a few of the photos later. Most of mine are people eating....not diving.

Maybe we should have a Groundhog day dive.... that Saturday or something. Where I am from, it's a pretty big deal. Punxatawney Phil is the true Groundhog day groundhog. Buford Pete (or whatever you call him) is a false prophet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom